Trident cases, what the pros and cons of each?

OrionAntares

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at the Trident cases (Cyclops, Kraken II, Aegis) for the Thunderbolt and was wondering what people thought of each one and what the pros and cons of each were from people's experience with them? I know there are some review threads for the Kraken and Aegis but I couldn't find one for the Cyclops. Plus having a thread comparing all three directly seemed like it could be helpful.

Last edited:

Forkmachine

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at the Trident cases (Cyclops, Kraken II, Aegis) for the Thunderbolt and was wondering what people thought of each one and what the pros and cons of each were from people's experience with them? I know there are some review threads for the Kraken and Aegis but I couldn't find one for the Cyclops. Plus having a thread comparing all three directly seemed like it could be helpful.

From another thread - not a full review but...:

I have the Cyclops, it is about twice as fat as the Aegis. I am thinking of getting the Aegis from Amazon because I am careful with my phone and never need this much protection.

I think I would have liked the Kraken better than the Cyclops because it has less exposed silicone so even though it is fat as well it would have gone in and out of pockets much better.

Unfortunately none of these Tridents will give much dust protection compared to their cases for other phones due to the opening for the kickstand.

The Trident cases are by far the highest quality cases I have seen IMO, between them, Otterbox, and Seidio that is.

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the Aegis last week and I'm in the process of returning it this week. Reason is that the plastic shell omit the two ports (for noise canceling and camera microphone) above the camera and flash area, even though the silicone shell has opening for them. Seems like all Trident case designs for the Bolt suffer from the same flaw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz