Did I brick my phone? Edit- Not bricked

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have been running GB bamf 2.1 remix for weeks now with no problems. I added the latest dream kernal and also the script rapist last week. Everything has been great. I decided a few minutes ago to tweak some settings in the terminal. I was changing max and min when the screen froze and rebooted the phone. Now, the phone runs the splash animation but fails to run the boot animation and go any further. Instead, I get a message that says Sorry! Process system is not responding. Force Close is highlighted and I have an option to wait. However, I am unable to select anything. Its frozen. I went back to a nandroid that I had saved and I still have the same issue. I then went ahead and did a factory reset and I'm still sitting here with the same problem.

I hate to ask, and I think I know the answer.....

Am I bricked???

Edit:

I am not bricked.

Further to note, I am also running Auto task killer optimizer along with juice defender ultimate. I did also change profiles in Auto Task Killer optimizer.

Please Help...

Edit:

I am not bricked.

Last edited:

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Did I brick my phone?

Hello,

I have been running GB bamf 2.1 remix for weeks now with no problems. I added the latest dream kernal and also the script rapist last week. Everything has been great. I decided a few minutes ago to tweak some settings in the terminal. I was changing max and min when the screen froze and rebooted the phone. Now, the phone runs the splash animation but fails to run the boot animation and go any further. Instead, I get a message that says Sorry! Process system is not responding. Force Close is highlighted and I have an option to wait. However, I am unable to select anything. Its frozen. I went back to a nandroid that I had saved and I still have the same issue. I then went ahead and did a factory reset and I'm still sitting here with the same problem.

I hate to ask, and I think I know the answer.....

Am I bricked???

Further to note, I am also running Auto task killer optimizer along with juice defender ultimate. I did also change profiles in Auto Task Killer optimizer.

Please Help...

do you use SETCPU or something similar? i tweaked mine in TerminalEmulator with a script & it conflicted with SETCPU & kept FC'ing/rebooting the phone.

Reactions: Blhazed

keving75

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

I had a similar issue when I set the Min and Max backwards by not paying attention to what I was doing.

Set Max to 245 and Min to 1037.

I had to get back into the DB tool to sort out and all was fine.

Reactions: Blhazed

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I had a similar issue when I set the Min and Max backwards by not paying attention to what I was doing.

Set Max to 245 and Min to 1037.

I had to get back into the DB tool to sort out and all was fine.
Well I had SetCPU but I uninstalled it as it didn't play nice with my terminal emulator. It actually sent my phone into a bunch of reboots so I went back to a recent nandroid and all was well. I've since only used the terminal to set values. I appreciate you both as both of your suggestions are helpful for others.

What I ended up doing was going to a recent backup and flashed. I got the same errors and freezes. I then said what the heck and went back to my nandroid that was saved before my last one. That one worked, however I had to restore a few apps and settings.

What I don't understand however is why when I did a factory reset and wiped all three caches did I still have the boot issue? I was only able to get back up again with my second to last back up. Wouldn't a factory reset put me back to a stable phone?

Project.In.Process- I'm still trying to decide if I even need SetCPU anymore. Most of the functions are included in the Roms/Kernals/Tweaks. I just feel like I paid for it for no reason. Its a great app, don't get me wrong. But with the toolkit and the terminal emulator included in Das Bamf I feel its more bloat than anything else. Correct me if I am wrong,

Keving75- Thanks for your input. I think this actually could have been part of my issue. I guess in speedtweak, the functions apply immediately. I was in the middle of changing values and honestly put in an incorrect value on accident. Thats when all hell broke loose. But unlike you I was unable to make it to DB tool before my phone froze. I really thought this thing was done for.

Thanks Project and Keving

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz