[LINK] [ROM] CM7 for Thunderbolt. RC1.2 Updated 7-6 11:59PM

nat72sherman

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting video issues. Videos I transfer over from pc doesnt work. Videos i make with the phone's camera has sound that has a lot of static, mostly background noise

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
does anyone else experience reboots with this rom? I'm beginning to thing my phone is defective I had problems with reboots from the HTC roms as well.
The reboots on the thunderbolt were caused by the stock firmware on the radio. With the latest firmware update to the radio (official ota mr2) it solved that issue. Now if you're still getting reboots then it's either software or hardware. Easiest to look at is the software side.

scannerman

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
i was getting reboots with CM7 and the MR1 radio. i have since updated to MR2.5 and the corresponding CM7 and i still am having reboots. i'm leaning more towards hardware at this point.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
One thing I've noticed after reading all the Rom threads is that every one of them has their own problems. Whether it is gps, 4G connectivity, camera, or receiving phone calls there is always something.

This is NOT a criticism of the generous souls who put so much time and effort into helping us root with many options nor is it meant to apply only to.cm7. I just wonder - is this because writing software for tbolt is so complex or because the hardware is fundamentally flawed in such away that it is impossible to have all hardware and software working properly simultaneously?

Will there, CAN there ever be an asop Rom in which, if installed properly, all functions work flawlessly?

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
anybody else having problems with answering incoming calls? i swipe and then get a black screen, have to hit the lock button to pop up screen to answer again?

frmky

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
The only major bug I'm encountering is that the voicemail notification sound repeats endlessly when a voicemail arrives. This is apparently a known problem introduced into the CM7 source at the beginning of July when this ROM was built. For instance, it was observed in the Nexus One nighty build 119, but was fixed by build 127. The easiest workaround is to make the notification sound silent. Otherwise, I have no regrets switching!

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Is anybody else having issues with navigation and this rom, that is the only thing holding me back from this being my daily driver, and I really need navigation to work for my job?

Sent from my MIND using Tapatalk

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I got instant lock this morning after flashing the new radio. I'll try it again tomorrow.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody else having issues with navigation and this rom, that is the only thing holding me back from this being my daily driver, and I really need navigation to work for my job?

Sent from my MIND using Tapatalk

I HAD the same issue too till I did this.

I didn't have to do number 2 on that guide but it might not work for you so do everything on that guide anyways. Goodluck.

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I haven't experienced any navigation issues and I've used it a few times on this rom. I always get a quick gps lock, I have had my weather app give me a funny city a couple times, but that hasn't happened since the first day or two of loading this rom.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Doh, couldn't get lock this morning. Waited a minute. I don't use it anyway, but I can see how it would suck if you need it.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, It really sucks man. And it looks like I am referring back to bamf stripped 2.1 because battery life is absolutely horrible with rc4.9... Oh well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, It really sucks man. And it looks like I am referring back to bamf stripped 2.1 because battery life is absolutely horrible with rc4.9... Oh well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Have u compared bamf 2.1 to cm7 yet in terms of battery life, Seth?

Sent from outer space

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I used 2.1 remix, so I'd imagine the stripped would be a little better. I mean CM7 is probably even better, but I remember 2.1 remix being freaking awesome and I still nandroid back to it sometimes. I don't remember battery life being an issue at all. Just yapping... :)

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So i completely lost all gps. Nothing was working. I did they fix on xda. I'll let you guys know how it gives. Right now it's perfect. Instant lock and accurate location.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk