BAMF 3.0 Preview 5 From XDA...Thanks Adrynalyne and Team!!!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Tried to resist, but the lure of even a preview is too great. :p

This one fixes the string errors in the lock screens, which is nice. Plus, a new kernel is included.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Tried to resist, but the lure of even a preview is too great. :p

This one fixes the string errors in the lock screens, which is nice. Plus, a new kernel is included.[/QUOTE

It's tempting

Also fixes the Applications screen. No more crazy flashing numbers when you try to manage your apps. This alone is worth it.

Edit: Using ##778# to access the phone's system menu works now. Didn't work with RC3 & 4.

Last edited:

rob90262

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried waiting but to not flash a bamf ROM is like leaving a million dollars in the room and not take some money for myself ;)

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried waiting but to not flash a bamf ROM is like leaving a million dollars in the room and not take some money for myself ;)

I've encountered force closes with Google Music on the last couple of release candidates. Clearing app data and cache, reinstalling, and fixing permissions hasn't helped.

Anyone else encounter this?

rob90262

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I've encountered force closes with Google Music on the last couple of release candidates. Clearing app data and cache, reinstalling, and fixing permissions hasn't helped.

I don't really use Google music but I've read when running custom ROM if you clear data or uninstall a app it sometimes does more like deletes part of code from ROM or something like that

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

i had music beta freeze a couple of times while using rc4, but it was rare and after the fc and reopen the app everything was ok again. Never needed a real fix or looked for one.

btw i also haven't needed to run fix permissions at all on rc4. did run it on all the earlier previews i tried (havent tried pre5 yet) and release candidates 1-3.

Reactions: NotJustAPhone

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one with realllly laggy performance with this ROM? It takes about 10 minutes after it boots to stabilize. It;s as if my phone can't handle sense 3.0

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one with realllly laggy performance with this ROM? It takes about 10 minutes after it boots to stabilize. It;s as if my phone can't handle sense 3.0

in the toolkit under cpu settings I overclock to 1.2 to make the rom run a little quicker, I also keep my minimum setting at 368 to reduce lag when waking and bc i use the phone a bunch with the screen off.

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
in the toolkit under cpu settings I overclock to 1.2 to make the rom run a little quicker, I also keep my minimum setting at 368 to reduce lag when waking and bc i use the phone a bunch with the screen off.

I was at 245 and 1.4 I'll try a higher minimum setting. Which governor do you use. I don't know the difference between smartass and interactiveX

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I was at 245 and 1.4 I'll try a higher minimum setting. Which governor do you use. I don't know the difference between smartass and interactiveX

As I recall, interactive ramps up the clock speed more quickly than smartass. Smartass may give you better battery life, but may feel less "snappy."

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i had music beta freeze a couple of times while using rc4, but it was rare and after the fc and reopen the app everything was ok again. Never needed a real fix or looked for one.

btw i also haven't needed to run fix permissions at all on rc4. did run it on all the earlier previews i tried (havent tried pre5 yet) and release candidates 1-3.

Google Music continues to force close on me. Haven't found a fix, but that's life on the bleeding edge. :confused:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech