[LINK][ROM] Liquid Thunderbread v2.6 (8/06/11)

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Liquid Thunderbread v2.2 (7/8/11)

Worked..... but no data connectivity. Had bars and 3g, but apps would not come back down nor did the browser find the internet.

Maybe I needed a different radio?

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Already using that.....

Ok, it does work but don't see a 4g and Google is not bringing down my applications - yet.

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

To flash the radio, download the radio file and rename the zip to PG05IMG.zip if it's not already and place it on the root of your SD Card. Boot into Bootloader: power off your phone... Turn the phone back on by holding down the volume down rocker and the power button at the same time until the phone opens in bootloader. The zip should start running and updating the radio. Once done reboot the phone on and remove the PG05IMG.zip from your phone or move it off the root of the sd card in another folder. If its not moved after the installation it will constantly keep trying to update the radio if you ever need to boot into bootloader again to get to recovery.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Worked..... but no data connectivity. Had bars and 3g, but apps would not come back down nor did the browser find the internet.

Maybe I needed a different radio?

Ok... you have bars... and 3G... what type of error are you getting... did you reboot?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I've got to second the recommendation for this ROM. I've been running since Mon/Tues and it's great. 4G works, wifi works, 3G works, Netflix works, wifi tether works, no reboots, battery is fine. I recommend MR2 radio and a full wipe before flashing. Fast too.

This is a GB ROM with the stability I need. The Alpha leak just had a few quirks (well becasue it was a alpha leak).

the 2.3 version is out today but I'm going to wait and see how people like it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

the 2.3 version is out today but I'm going to wait and see how people like it.

I like it... I REALLY LIKE IT!!!

Same things... solid 4G, Wifi, GPS, and great battery life with the new MR2 (1.39.00.0629r) Radio... I've been running this since earlier today without any issues... I don't use 3G.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Well, thanks for the help. I finally got it up and running, but the drastic change was a bit much. So I backed it up and the proceeded to wipe and install the rooted stock rom.

Then got stuck on the Thunderbold logo. <sigh>

So booted into recovery and restored my backup.

But at least I know how to play now. :)

stuckhere4ever

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Already using that.....

Ok, it does work but don't see a 4g and Google is not bringing down my applications - yet.

Its 50/50 if google will actually bring any given applications. Did you take a backup of your apps with myBackupPro first or Titanium Backup? If you did, just restore them, it will be a lot faster, although the other way usually works for me.

If you normally have 4g, double check the settings to make sure its enabled:
Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Network Settings > Network Mode

Make sure it has CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto selected.

Also, with the signal bars, that is the nature of an AOSP ROM, it uses a different algorithm to calculate your signal (I think someone once told me it only relies on the data signal, but I'm not sure), so you will generally see less bars than on a Sense ROM. As long as its not effecting anything with your usability, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

stuckhere4ever

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Well, thanks for the help. I finally got it up and running, but the drastic change was a bit much. So I backed it up and the proceeded to wipe and install the rooted stock rom.

Then got stuck on the Thunderbold logo. <sigh>

So booted into recovery and restored my backup.

But at least I know how to play now. :)

Way to respond at the same time as me! I'm glad you got something working, and be careful, you'll get hooked on flashing ROMs pretty soon, trust me, I think I change once a week ...

stuckhere4ever

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

I like it... I REALLY LIKE IT!!!

Same things... solid 4G, Wifi, GPS, and great battery life with the new MR2 (1.39.00.0629r) Radio... I've been running this since earlier today without any issues... I don't use 3G.

I'll second this one. 2.3 is amazing. My battery life is killer, and the thing runs smooth as a champ. I think this is my favorite ROM so far on the TB, and I am pretty sure nothing is even close.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I did find one issue the current ROM... the Video recorder... I tested this after seeing something on XDA... I recorded something and played it... the video itself was great, but there was no sound... not a deal breaker for me, since I've only record one thing in the full life of my Thunderbolt... it's been reported by a number of people so I'm hoping it will be fixed in the next version.

Sauk

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I am having only one major issue, and it is quite major.

When I click on the power button to bring the screen up, it just sits there for a few seconds than flashes and goes off again. Sometimes I press it and I am able to swipe to get it to stay on, but lately it will just flash and turn off before I even get a chance to swipe.

Anyone else having this issue? I know on xda there were a few people but I am unable to post there yet in the developer forums.

Very frustrating as I absolutely love this ROM.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

What lockscreen are you using? Try applying the mod that wakes the phone with the volume button. Try wiping dalvik.

On the other side, my video recording is good on 2.2v

Sauk

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

What lockscreen are you using? Try applying the mod that wakes the phone with the volume button. Try wiping dalvik.

On the other side, my video recording is good on 2.2v

I have wiped a few times and still have the issue.

I am unable to find that mod in the settings? Can you let me know where I should be looking? (volume up mod)

Thanks in advance.

nrbowler

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I've tried the Liquid Thunderbred 2.2 and 2.3 and I can't get either if them to work. I get a constant android.phone force close. Using 627r and I do a full wipe procedure. Any ideas? I've heard good things about this rom and would like to try it out.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I have wiped a few times and still have the issue.

I am unable to find that mod in the settings? Can you let me know where I should be looking? (volume up mod)

Thanks in advance.

settings, liquid settings, behavior

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I've tried the Liquid Thunderbred 2.2 and 2.3 and I can't get either if them to work. I get a constant android.phone force close. Using 627r and I do a full wipe procedure. Any ideas? I've heard good things about this rom and would like to try it out.

I used mr2 radio. not sure which number that is.

are you getting the issues before restoring any of your settings or apps?

Reactions: nrbowler

nrbowler

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I used mr2 radio. not sure which number that is.

are you getting the issues before restoring any of your settings or apps?
I guess it is after I restore system and apps. How do I restore without restoring phone data? I looked in titanium and there wasn't an option to uncheck phone settings.