Flashing a MOD

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
When I flash a model, so I need to rename it to p05img. Zip, or can I just "install zip from sd" in hboot? Or do I do this in recovery?

Thanks...I've tried to search on a few forums but I haven't found definitive information.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing that's a typo and you mean "mod". The zip needs to be flashed in recovery "install from sd card" and do not change the name of the file.
Boot into recovery either from ROM Manager or bootloader.
Clear the Cache Partition.
Clear the Dalvik Cache.
Go to Install from SD Card.
Install the zip file for the mod you're looking to flash.
Reboot phone.

Here's a guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...-backup-restore-install-roms-thunderbolt.html
Its the same steps except you DON'T need to wipe the data and instead of choosing the ROM zip, you will choose the Mod zip.

Reactions: zero neck

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing that's a typo and you mean "mod". The zip needs to be flashed in recovery "install from sd card" and do not change the name of the file.
Boot into recovery either from ROM Manager or bootloader.
Clear the Cache Partition.
Clear the Dalvik Cache.
Go to Install from SD Card.
Install the zip file for the mod you're looking to flash.
Reboot phone.

Here's a guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...-backup-restore-install-roms-thunderbolt.html
Its the same steps except you DON'T need to wipe the data and instead of choosing the ROM zip, you will choose the Mod zip.
No, I really need advice on flashing models! LOL! Damn swiftkey!

Thanks, and yes, I re-read that guide a couple times before posting, I just wanted to be certain. That guide made it very easy to flash my first ROM, and I've referred several people to it.

Could you clear up the confusion for me -- which updates require the renaming to P05IMG.zip? And what is the difference between bootloader and recovery? Is bootloader more like a bios, where recovery is an extra utility between that and the os that allows device functions?