From BAMF 1.6 to what next?

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been enjoying das BAMF 1.6 for some time now. What would be the next ROM to try next? I might wait on a stable GB release, but since I have the next week off, figured I had time to experiment with something else if there is a compelling reason to try something newer. Thanks!

jstewart0131

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've run both das BAMF 3.0 RC4 and CM7 RC1.2 and have been happy with both ROMs. I'd start with either of those and see what you think.

qzyv1r

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been enjoying das BAMF 1.6 for some time now. What would be the next ROM to try next? I might wait on a stable GB release, but since I have the next week off, figured I had time to experiment with something else if there is a compelling reason to try something newer. Thanks!

I on bamf 4.9 (gingerbread with sense 3.0) its been very stable for me. If you haven't already you will have to update to the mr2 radio. Use the official release version. I have a few quirks with this rom. 1 speed dial #2 does not work. And 2 if you have a vme (voice mail) you will not have a notification unless you restart your phone. This isn't a big deal for me as I either call back or know to check it if I have a missed call. Hope this helps.

vanster

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same situation. I ran DB 1.6.2 for several months then jumped to Bamf 3.0 when it came out and have never thought of going back to froyo.

sscinokc

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Like Vanster, I was in your shoes as well. Decided last night to make the jump. No problems, seems fast and smooth. Couple little minor things I liked about BAMF 1.6 better, such as the battery indicator, but overall, I like the GB Sense 3.0. I really like the carousel effect, the GPS only takes a few seconds rather than minutes to lock on, and my 4G indicator and signal shows much stronger now. Yep...I like it and haven't had any problems in these first 15 hours of use.

rootzwiki

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been running OMFGB (recently switched to OMGB which is nearly stock AOSP) - gps and all of the features i use (which is just about everything) are great.

I also seem to get much better battery life on CM/OM then any sense based rom.

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
i was thinking about going without sense then i tried Sense 3.0 and um yea lets just say now i dont think i can go without sense

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I was on 1.6 and tried BAMF 3.0 RC. I also tried the BAMF 2.0 that had Gingerbread. I found it very buggy. I loved sense 3.0 but some of my apps just wouldn't work with this Gingerbread leak... i am hoping the BAMF guys get a newer gingerbread leak soon. I miss Sense 3.0 but can't live with the bugs. For now I'm on BAMF 1.8.6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy