Help me pick a ROM

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I have a Driod Charge that I have already rooted and ROM'ed with PBJT kernal and gummycharged. I don't mind getting use to the new ways of each ROM. On the other hand my wife has a T-Bolt and she doesn't like having to try and relearn how to use her phone. Could somebody tell me which custom ROM is pretty close to the stock one but still delivers better battery life and some cool customibility features. Don't need anything grand cause all she really does on her phone is text, make calls and looks on Facebook. Thanks for any insight.

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I have a Driod Charge that I have already rooted and ROM'ed with PBJT kernal and gummycharged. I don't mind getting use to the new ways of each ROM. On the other hand my wife has a T-Bolt and she doesn't like having to try and relearn how to use her phone. Could somebody tell me which custom ROM is pretty close to the stock one but still delivers better battery life and some cool customibility features. Don't need anything grand cause all she really does on her phone is text, make calls and looks on Facebook. Thanks for any insight.

Check out this link over at XDA gives a good explanation and screenshots.....seriously have to chose for your self or your wife as a phone is quite personal, and user expirience is personal.....

The Official Thunderbolt ROMs & Kernels Listing v2.5 (Updated 7/16 12:40 AM CST) - xda-developers

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Is her phone updated to the latest firmware? (1.70.605.0/ 1.39.00.0627r)

If so than the GTP Eaton ROM is the one you should try. All other Froyo based ROMS are going to be based off an older build. The latest BAMF Froyo ROM has the older build, but is very stable with some cool features. You can also use the latest radio with it.

Most of the developers and users have moved on to Gingerbread, but they are still buggy as the official leak hasn't been released yet.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Das BAMF 3.0 is probably the closest to the stock ROM and it has some very nice updates to the latest version of Sense, which will never deployed to the Thunderbolt.

If she really only uses her phone to text, make calls and Facebook... then any ROM will work... and we have a number of threads talking about battery life, AOSP ROMs and individual ROMs. Pick a solid ROM and realize that you will have to update the ROM to the next version to keep up with updates.

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was looking at the Eaton GTP ROM last night and it looked very cool. Will that ROM run with the radio already on the phone? I downloaded the OTA that was released last week so I'm guessing her phone is as up to date as possible?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12