Can someone please help me

sleepyrey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
am trying to root my htc thunderbolt

so i am trying do the auto root and i look up Dan youtube but the problem is i keep getting this annoying message

adb out of date. killing...?
"misc.img dowbgrade checksum error

what am i doing wrong?
can someone please send me the link of the new update of of the SDK and ADB please

i try looking up on other posts and i couldn't find the answer please help me

thanks

edit: also have the new MR2 Update

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
what guide are you following? Since it's giving a checksum error on the misc.img it looks like you may need to redownload the exploits.zip

sleepyrey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh I am doing the auto root but I keep gettin this error

misc.img dowbgrade checksum error
And tell me to do it again

I think my adb or sdk is outdated I just don't know where to find the newer version :(

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Your adb should be fine since the out of date message is normal. The problem seems to be that the misc.img is corrupt and throwing an error since the md5 doesn't match but I'm not exactly sure on how DXc's auto root works. You may be able to download the exploits.zip from the other root thread here and just copy the misc.img to the auto root folder and try again.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Nope.

What it's telling you is that one of the files needed for root in the "TB_Auto_root_MR1" folder does not match the intended MD5 check. It does this to make sure that you don't accidentally try to run a file that is corrupted.

My advice would be to re-download the autoroot file again and start over. It's possible your original download was corrupted...?

sleepyrey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
now i re did it again and now i got this new message saying

*excuting psneuter
mmap ,> failed. operation not permitted

why is that?

clintmbrannon

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I had a almost the exact same issue when I first rooted.. I would get the error and it would say pull battery and restart or something to that effect... I did some research and found that the USB port you're using can cause this oddly enough. Try a different port.. (the ones on the back work best if you're on a desktop) and see if it gets any further... Took me probably 10 tries to get it to finish the process. And like the previous posters stated, the ADB error message is common and shouldn't cause a problem. Good luck!!

clintmbrannon

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
It's possible... I tried all 4 on my pc before it worked for me... No idea why. It really seemed totally random. I'd try it on all your ports and if that fails, maybe see if you can get on a desktop and try.

sleepyrey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
well i went to friends computer which is a desktop and tried all his usb and still came out with dis annoying message

*excuting psneuter
mmap ,> failed. operation not permitted

:mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781