New ROMs have come to a halt since the XDA exodus!!!

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Well now that we are no longer seeing the cooperative efforts from Chingy/MikMik and Team BAMF the TB ROMs have just about come to a halt. I know that each dev has created their own website, but since the split from XDA there has been little advancement in the ROMs, which is really disappointing. XDA was great because all the developers shares information, tips, tricks and most importantly shared leaks of new ROMs.

I think BAMF has only created 1 update to the 3.0 ROM and Chingy has updated his to 1.2 with a new TB GB leak that he got his hands on.

I do understand that the developers were getting alot of heat - TOTALLY NO ACCEPTABLE FROM PEOPLE THAT BENEFITED FROM THE USE OF THEIR HARD WORK, but its really sad that it has come to this point :(((

I for one have appreciated ALL of your hard work and efforts, and hope one day things can work out again on XDA. The only person I know that did NOT like you guys was my girlfriend - I gave your ROMs more attention that I gave her sometimes :)

Reactions: ssethv

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I agree... It is a bunch of crap that XDA is doing...not that it is a big deal but now we have to keep track of like 4 different sites to get up to the date info on whats going on... I will tell you this... ROOTZWIKI.com is the new kid on the block and will be HUGE within a year... everyone posts overthere, and since they only have a few thousand members, it is kinda underground and you can get help as soon as you need it.... I LOVE THAT SITE.... and I also keep up to date with tapatalk app and forumrunner app on my phone... XDA has almost a half a million people to keep happy from all over the world (most from america), Just a matter of time till the aren't number 1 anymore... If I were you I would follow you favorite devs on twitter... thats the FASTEST way to get info before it is posted to any site :)

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I am still not really sure why they all left but I am assuming it must have been bad since some of the DInc devs left too. I will def check out the site you listed above as well.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Nothing went away, it just moved around a little. I mean Chingy and Team BAMF are at Rootz too, so now you just have 2 sites to check. I think we can do a little 'work' (if you want to call it that) to get these awesome roms.

I don't like the way this thread looks even here. Just sayin', hope the devs don't read it.

The roms aren't coming quick enough anymore... really? Really?? What's it been like 2 weeks, heh ...there has always been gaps here and there and there are a tons of reasons why that could be then one day it will be like bam Bam BAM which one do I choose.
moe.gif

I for one have appreciated ALL of your hard work and efforts, and hope one day things can work out again on XDA. The only person I know that did NOT like you guys was my girlfriend - I gave your ROMs more attention that I gave her sometimes :)

Word to that.
icon14.gif

Last edited:

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
what happened at xda?

fill me in !!!!

Really Long story short.... It had mostly to do with unfair treatment and a double edged sword of Developers and users

.... it all started from a signature that a user had been using for YEARS.... for example, read my signature at the bottom of my post :) I really don't want to say any more detail cuz it is already over and done with and I do not want to start any drama... especially at this site... I love this site...

AGAIN... if you don't want to use XDA, then don't... Alot of us do our best to bring attention to worthwhile ROMS and info to Android Central. also, RootzWiki.com is a great site to :)

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
There really isn't much developers can do without new leaks. They can tweak things here and there but it's still going to pretty much be the same. I installed Chingy's Gingeritis 3D based on the new GB leak and wow that thing is smooth. Tis a shame he won't share the actual build so Team BAMF can get their hands on it. That said, eris has confirmed that they are indeed working on something (non related to their Sense 3.0 rom) but are taking it slow to get everything right.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm now a member of RootzWiki... and I found the answer to an small issue with my ROM that doesn't bother me, but was a major issue with someone else... and not that I'm on XDA all the time, but did not find any solution to this.

I'll continue checking XDA, but think I'll be pointing users to RootzWiki for the source to download any ROMs from and get information on those ROMs.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't even really know and I was around there that day. I was actually about to flash one of his roms and then it just disappeared. Was happy to see everything still up on his site.

The jist of what I got is people were getting all whiny in Chingy's rom thread and soem dude was *****ing because Chingy's roms autowipe and he lost his data even though it clearly said in the op that it did so. If that is anywhere accurate (and it's probably not) I'm sure it wasn't just that and was the last straw that just got him to roll. People always ***** about having to go sign up at his website to download his roms too. Babies wanting their free **** handed to them.

Not sure about Team BAMF, but it seems they had their own site in the works for awhile anyway. Good for them. They are BEAST enough to support it. :cool:

Edit - Sorry for talking out my buttocks.

Last edited:

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
WHO THE F DOES A ROM CHANGE WITHOUT BACKING UP EVERYTHING!!!! REALLY???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If thats the case, then he DESERVED to lose all of his data!

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Not only that but it's 2011, who stores a single local copy of important data these days? Cloud storage is your friend, keeping everything local is so 90s. :D

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Really Long story short.... It had mostly to do with unfair treatment and a double edged sword of Developers and users

.... it all started from a signature that a user had been using for YEARS.... for example, read my signature at the bottom of my post :) I really don't want to say any more detail cuz it is already over and done with and I do not want to start any drama... especially at this site... I love this site...

AGAIN... if you don't want to use XDA, then don't... Alot of us do our best to bring attention to worthwhile ROMS and info to Android Central. also, RootzWiki.com is a great site to :)

The rest is how ssethv stated a member had in his side statement in his avatar something stating since 2008 that Jesus Christ is Savior and things really went downhill from there. One guy has a mod for kernel changes it was called orginally ScriptRapist.

I can not speak for Team Bamf or Chingy, so if Ady wants to comment on this matter I will leave it at that?!!!

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The rest is how ssethv stated a member had in his side statement in his avatar something stating since 2008 that Jesus Christ is Savior and things really went downhill from there. One guy has a mod for kernel changes it was called orginally ScriptRapist.

I can not speak for Team Bamf or Chingy, so if Ady wants to comment on this matter I will leave it at that?!!!
You basically hit the nail on the head... not fair that a kernel can be called "Rapist" (sicne has been renamed) and yet a man since 2008 cant have his signature say "jesus is my savior" gets his sig removed... NOW can we all put this ridiculous issue to bed, its over and done... BAMF is doing great on their own and so is chingy... if anyone asks, just refer then to this page and not to comment any more about it.. ;) you guys all rock and that is why I love this site and you people!!

all I know is that ROOTZWIKI is the new XDA but even better (follow them on twitter) and Android Central is the SH**, i love both of these sites... :) i cant stress enough also to follow your fav devs on twitter, you will get info faster than anything else :)

Also, please support you fav dev... I know one dev in particular that hasnt received a dime in almost a month! these guys put their hearts into this, they spend countless hrs, ignore family and friends just doing what they love to do... even a few bucks here and there means more to them than we know... it gives them a reason to keep going and bringing us better and better stuff. seriously, I would gladly pay 5 bucks for any ROM that I use, and its not like you going to loose it, its called a nandroid!!! I apologize for the Rant but i just read through my twitter posts and a very well known dev is having financial troubles cuz no one is supporting anyone right now... everyone wants something for free. I can write this because I do support them with cold hard cash.

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Well... with the latest Liquid Thunderbread (LTB) v2.4 release just a couple days ago I think this thread has now been debunked!!!

CM7 will more than likely get a new version shortly as well... both of these are on XDA and also on RootzWiki.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000