Loosing my mind here

xXXNotMVAMXXx

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I am going crazy with these random reboots, I never should have rooted my damn phone now I cant do the freekin update.

Can someone please in plain english, dont tell me flash this or flash that I have no idea what that means. How do I unroot the phone, I was going to use the auto unroot, but surprise its not there anymore and I have no clue what I am doing. I almost lost a damn job interview because the phone rebooted in the middle of the call and its my only phone.

What are the steps to unroot, and where to I get the files. In plain simple to understand english.

AAAAAAAARH!

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The rooting isn't the cause of your reboots. I have not had a reboot since flashing (sorry) the MR2 radio, I was unrooted at that time. Now that I am rooted I have had zero reboots as well. Something else maybe the problem.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
1. download this file:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
rename it to:
2. PG05IMG.zip (make sure its not .zip.zip or it will not work, this is dependent on your version of windows).
3. Once its named correctly and place it on your sd card
4. Power of the phone.
5. Hold volume down and press power. It should ask you if you want to install, hit power to select "yes"
6. Delete the file from your sdcard
When the phone reboots, you will be unrooted and have S-ON. Like previously mentioned, rooting your phone didn't cause the reboots, its probably whatever kernel settings you have or you aren't on the current radio (MR2xxx). But you want to know how to 'unroot' and thats your easiest solution. It will wipe whatever data is on the device. sd card data won't be changed.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
There is a rooted version of the MR2 update. Want to try?

Anything has to be better than MR1

Back up anything you want to keep with something like my backup pro (your sd card will be untouched)

Go here and download the rom and the radio. Move them both to the root of your sdcard. Download Astro file manager from the market and go to each file and long press, go to details and make sure the MD5 sum matches these.

MD5 For Rom : 409f189d7a1169ee4f363d9f5e057a1e
MD5 For Radio: 7297850061f25630bf6c2885620dd12c

[ROM] Official 1.70.605.0 MR2 OTA Deodexed Rooted Busybox Mirrors Added :D - xda-developers

Follow the instructions below to flash the radio.

[rename the radio file] PG05IMG.zip (make sure its not .zip.zip or it will not work, this is dependent on your version of windows).
Once its named correctly and place it on your sd card
Power of the phone.
Hold volume down and press power. It should ask you if you want to install, hit power to select "yes"
After it installs just reboot
Delete the file from your sdcard

Rom instructions...
You do not need to rename the rom. To install it do this...

Power of the phone.
Hold volume down and press power. (you should be back at the bootloader screen)
Choose recovery (from here on use volume to navigate and power to select)
wipedata/factoy reset (do it)
wipe cache partition (do it)
Go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache too
Go back
install zip from sd card
choose zip from sd card
navigate to the rom you just downloaded and install
when it's finished reboot and you should be good to (you can leave the rom on the card or delete it, but don't leave the radio there)

Good luck!

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Back up anything you want to keep with something like my backup pro (your sd card will be untouched)

Go here and download the rom and the radio. Move them both to the root of your sdcard. Download Astro file manager from the market and go to each file and long press, go to details and make sure the MD5 sum matches these.

MD5 For Rom : 409f189d7a1169ee4f363d9f5e057a1e
MD5 For Radio: 7297850061f25630bf6c2885620dd12c

[ROM] Official 1.70.605.0 MR2 OTA Deodexed Rooted Busybox Mirrors Added :D - xda-developers

Follow the instructions below to flash the radio.

Rom instructions...
You do not need to rename the rom. To install it do this...

Power of the phone.
Hold volume down and press power. (you should be back at the bootloader screen)
Choose recovery (from here on use volume to navigate and power to select)
wipedata/factoy reset (do it)
wipe cache partition (do it)
Go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache too
Go back
install zip from sd card
choose zip from sd card
navigate to the rom you just downloaded and install
when it's finished reboot and you should be good to (you can leave the rom on the card or delete it, but don't leave the radio there)

Good luck!

That isn't a ROM that is flashable in CMW. My directions are correct for a full unroot and wipe. This is the official original release (pre MR1). I keep a copy of this on my sd card as insurance (since I can mount the sdcard from CWM on any computer and move it to the root).

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
That isn't a ROM that is flashable in CMW. My directions are correct for a full unroot and wipe. This is the official original release (pre MR1). I keep a copy of this on my sd card as insurance (since I can mount the sdcard from CWM on any computer and move it to the root).

He's not going that root if I understood right. Please re-read the chain of events in the thread. I just borrowed some of your instructions. I understand what you were doing. I'm trying to get him to use the rooted MR2 update where he'll be better off imo.

Last edited:

rufflez

Banned
Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
He's not going that root if I understood right. Please re-read the chain of events in the thread. I just borrowed some of your instructions. I understand what you were doing. I'm trying to get him to use the rooted MR2 update where he'll be better off imo.

So why did you quote my post instead of someone trying convincing him of going rooted mr2? My post has nothing to do with MR2. I just simply answered his original question instead of someone tried talking him into rooted mr2 since he didn't want to hear of "flashing" since he didn't know what that was. You should have quoted someone else's thread if you wanted to talk about MR2. My way is by far the easiest way to unroot... or to use one of the executable RUU, but since that is limited to just windows, i figured my version applied more broad or universal option and required least amount of time.

Edit:
Sorry, this is Andrew Ruffolo... for some reason I have 2 separate signons (Like Jerry Hillenbrand/Gbhil).

Last edited:

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So why did you quote my post instead of someone trying convincing him of going rooted mr2? My post has nothing to do with MR2. I just simply answered his original question instead of someone tried talking him into rooted mr2 since he didn't want to hear of "flashing" since he didn't know what that was. You should have quoted someone else's thread if you wanted to talk about MR2. My way is by far the easiest way to unroot... or to use one of the executable RUU, but since that is limited to just windows, i figured my version applied more broad or universal option and required least amount of time.

Edit:
Sorry, this is Andrew Ruffolo... for some reason I have 2 separate signons (Like Jerry Hillenbrand/Gbhil).

I was just using some of your flash instructions because it's the same way you flash a radio. I only quoted it to give you credit for writing them. Nothing more nothing less. Guess I shouldn't have because it's all confusing now. Your post was great and a good option. I unquoted it. poor guy isn't going to know what to do now, lol.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I was just using some of your flash instructions because it's the same way you flash a radio. I only quoted it to give you credit for writing them. Nothing more nothing less. Guess I shouldn't have because it's all confusing now. Your post was great and a good option. I unquoted it. poor guy isn't going to know what to do now, lol.

Sorry... I haven't slept yet and i work nights... I read it a little wrong (after about trying to re-read it 4 times). Yeah, i get the point now. I thought you were trying to tell him to flash the file i linked in cmw. I need to get to bed... but i keep getting woken up.

Focker out

xXXNotMVAMXXx

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
AH! What?!?!

I think I got it, I will attempt to do this. God looking back upgrading **** on the BB was so much easier. But I do love my Thunderbolt, when its not randomly rebooting on me during phone interviews, typing emails, listening to pandora.....etc

Last edited:

xXXNotMVAMXXx

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Got all the way to the last step and it says installation aborted, says its (bad)

AH HELP

And now i get no signal......what an expensive paper weight

Last edited:

xXXNotMVAMXXx

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have tried each method, and still getting no where.

I am not getting ***security warning***

and going no where, im ****ed

Andrew Ruffalo - it tells me main version older or something like that and it wont let me load it.
Sodev - i get all the way to the last step and it wont load says the file is bad

Last edited:

gdoggmil04#AC

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have tried each method, and still getting no where.

I am not getting ***security warning***

and going no where, im ****ed

Andrew Ruffalo - it tells me main version older or something like that and it wont let me load it.
Sodev - i get all the way to the last step and it wont load says the file is bad

So what path are you going down now. Staying rooted or un-rooting? Also did you make sure to check the MD5 for the files, just a good habit to get into.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Are you doing his or mine?

You are or aren't getting a security warning?

When you try to install the zip off the sd card it says it's bad?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie