Nooblet Questions

Zandokan

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I rooted my phone and i took the bamf gigerbread remix 2.1 with MR2 radio i havent changed my kernel or the theme. But i wanted to check other Roms like the liquid thundrbread that i heard it helps a lot with bat usage. My question is how do you guys choose ROM, Radio, kernel and Themes, just the one that looks cooler? Thanks in advance.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Here is an amazing theme for 2.1. Make a nandroid backup before you install in case you don't like it or something goes wrong.

URBaN THEME FOR VARIOUS ROMS

Just looks for themes, and looks and function for roms. Radios and kernels are more about need.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I rooted my phone and i took the bamf gigerbread remix 2.1 with MR2 radio i havent changed my kernel or the theme. But i wanted to check other Roms like the liquid thundrbread that i heard it helps a lot with bat usage. My question is how do you guys choose ROM, Radio, kernel and Themes, just the one that looks cooler? Thanks in advance.

As far as roms go you basically are deciding if you like sense roms, senseless (which means sense based but with many sense elements stripped out, usually in favor of aosp elements), or aosp roms.
btw aosp is android open source project, and these roms are "vanilla" android, and have no overlying user interface, such as sense or motoblur for example.

If you like sense, generally most sense roms look similar, but some have sense 3.0, some have sense 2.1, some have a mix of both, and so on. And then some roms are themed by default, some arent. Some developers favor certain apps, and include them in all their roms, some devs hate certain apps, and make sure they are not included in their roms....

As far as choosing a radio, you want one that is compatible with the rom you plan to use, and you want the one that works the best with your phone. The thunderbolt has proven to be picky as far as individual devices reactions to different radios, so you should gauge how your phone reacts to your radio (does it reboot with any regularity? try a different one. do you have a hard time getting 4g to lock? try a different one. is your battery draining like crazy for no apparent reason = try new radio).

Kernels come baked into the rom, and the dev usually includes a kernel that works for the most amount of phones/most amount of features, not necessarily the kernel that will automatically give your phone the best battery life, or will overclock to 1.9 ghz or something. So, you choose a kernel based on what you want it do for you - good battery life, or overclocking/undervolting abilitity, or the ability to use certain features (such as in call recording, etc).

Themes you choose just for looks of course.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae