TB (Bamf Sense 3.0_RC3) won't turn on...

peters4n6

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Been running Sense 3.0 RC3 for about 3 weeks without even a hiccup. in the last 24 hrs I have had the phone turn off on its own necessitating a battery pull to be able to turn it back on. Don't see anything in my review of the forums that might specifically be causing this. I did read however that changing the CPU min frequency in the ToolKit might help something similar to this. Any input appreciated. If CPU settings are the way to go I'd be curious what is recommended. Currently i am at 245 MHz for 'Min Frequency'

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to a bunch of people, myself included. If it just turned off, and you were able to get it back on by doing a battery pull and restarting, that's good.

This might be a radio issue, i'm not exactly sure, but at least i dont htink it has to do with your frequency settings.

Which radio are you using? If you have not yet updated to the OFFICIAL MR2 Radio (the latest OTA radio), i would recommend trying it out.

Also, RC4.9 has been out for several weeks and it is vastly more stable than RC3, i would recommend updating your rom.

Reactions: peters4n6

peters4n6

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to a bunch of people, myself included. If it just turned off, and you were able to get it back on by doing a battery pull and restarting, that's good.

This might be a radio issue, i'm not exactly sure, but at least i dont htink it has to do with your frequency settings.

Which radio are you using? If you have not yet updated to the OFFICIAL MR2 Radio (the latest OTA radio), i would recommend trying it out.

Also, RC4.9 has been out for several weeks and it is vastly more stable than RC3, i would recommend updating your rom.
Indeed I am using the OFFICIAL MR2 Radio, so that's taken care of.

I've thought about updating to RC4.9, but since RC3 was super stable for me I saw no need. That in conjunction with the fact that I've never done the whole backing up of data/apps in prep for ROM update left me not wanting to spend an additional couple of hours as I assume would be necessary to get the ROM update done properly. RC3 became my new "stock" so I was happy.

I guess it's time to start reading the Stickies about updating ROMs with the least amount of pain.:)

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Indeed I am using the OFFICIAL MR2 Radio, so that's taken care of.

I've thought about updating to RC4.9, but since RC3 was super stable for me I saw no need. That in conjunction with the fact that I've never done the whole backing up of data/apps in prep for ROM update left me not wanting to spend an additional couple of hours as I assume would be necessary to get the ROM update done properly. RC3 became my new "stock" so I was happy.

I guess it's time to start reading the Stickies about updating ROMs with the least amount of pain.:)

Ah true. Well, it's up to you of course. I haven't had that particular issue occur with RC4.9, but i did have it happen a few times on previous releases.

Cyber Warrior's guide will help ya with nandroid backups (which are essential for getting out of trouble when rom flashing goes wrong), and linked inside that thread are 2 good guides to read about backing up apps and app data, and how to restore that stuff, etc - written by Paintdrinkingpete and Pvillecomp, respectively. Pete's guide is the one you're going to need for the easiest possible way to restore as much as you can, especially if you need to keep alot of data.

Also, rc4.9 is the same as rc3 but better (a little quicker, fewer bugs), so if you've been happy with rc3 you will certainly be happy with the latest.

gl

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
You're correct. The bamf toolkit is awesome, but as far as stability goes, Gingeritis has been very solid. Hopefully the bamf team can incorporate a more stable GB build into 3.0 soon.

I need to give the 3D version a try though. It looks pretty sweet

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon