Audio dropping out

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys...just wanted to let you guys in on this one...

Friday my calls started having strange audio dropping issues...at first I thought it was signal drop on calls. But I had 3bars+ on most occasions. Then I thought it was the speaker but after a few secs the audio came back and the people on the other line were also losing me. so not just my speaker.Happened on every call I made this weekend. Restarts and battery pulls did not help. Called VZW they had me turn off the phone and did some kind of reset to their network. After restart they called me to check and the problem resolved itself for about 30sec. But has happened again today, Well they are shipping me another phone after all this. As my GPS was still not locking well even after update....will update later...just wanted to get this out into the forums...

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Well...no one cares...lol

But update anyway..got my replacement TB yesterday. Calls are not dropping at all. So that is good. GPS sucks still...noticed that I still have Ver. 1.13.605.7 the update tried to push last night but i declined. Not that I ever use the mobile hotspot...but who knows. Trying to decide if I want to go ahead and pull the update to see if it helps with GPS lock... I see a root in my near future being I have to completely set up the new phone anyway...might as well....

Last edited:

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
The update does help the GPS lock..

Update: lose free hotspot and fix gps
Root: free wireless tether/hotspot and fix gps.... battery life and a lot of other cool stuff. ;)

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...Thanks Cyber. I am about to do the update now...I did it on my old TB and it did not help with GPS lock...hopefully this time it will...

Likely rooting over the weekend anyway...but will see if this helps gps until then...

What ROM do you recommend for a first time rooter...lol...had a BB before this and loaded many an OS on it...just have not rooted android yet...and I plan to read through the TB root/rom forum above...just curious if you had a recommendation..

Last edited:

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I started with Lightning ROM.. which is cool since it has a lot of different colored themes available. Then switched over to trying all the Bamf ROMs.. which I like better.. I'm on GingerRemix at the moment. Gingeritus is getting a lot of attention this week also. I would go with either one of the Bamf ROMs.. there's a lot of different ones to choose from.. that comes down to personal preference or try out Gingeritus.

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Alright...rooted with Das BAMF Sense 3.0 RC4.9 and the official MR2 radio...now just have to set up the phone again...Is there a quick way to do this(install all my apps quickly)? I was able to with my BB...is there a way on Android...or do I just have to go through the Market and install each one again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21