Help with titanium backup, Amazon Apps and BAMF 4.9

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's a quick question (and sorry if it's a newb one). I just updated to BAMF 4.9 and was planning on installing most of my programs fresh from Amazon App store (have a bunch of the "free" ones that were on sale).

Well after I did my titanium Backup to save some of my settings, I flashed BAMF 4.9 and then I opened Amazon App Store and all of my apps were in the "all" programs tab. i.e. they were not in the new or update tabs...but the one that says it's already installed and had a button to "open" them. I tried to open them just to see what would happen...nothing. And because of this designation of my apps, the appstore would not let me re-download them and install fresh because it saw them as currently installed. So I had to install all of my programs from titanium backup.

Is there a way to delete these files so that Amazon appstore doesn't recognize them? And I wiped everything 3x when I flashed the rom. There are some bugs...but the rom and MR2 is working great besides some nitpicking things....this appstore problem is really my main annoyance.

Thank you!

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I think I figured out the problem...It was the program "Folder Organizer" that I got from Amazon apps a few weeks back. I think this program is somehow building a database of apps on my TB and then when I updated the rom, it somehow was looking into this database first and seeing apps that were no longer there. It's the best explanation I can think off...I'll just have to uninstall it before I do my next rom update (candidate for BAMF 5.0). I'm hoping that once I uninstall the folder organizer, that it'll delete the database and then I can start fresh again.