09-05-2011 07:40 PM
188 1234 ...
tools
    Anyone have the download link for the Chingy radio? Is hotspot working yet?
    07-27-2011 06:55 PM
    I gave this ROM a try earlier today and had continual issues with it... It kept trying to force me to use the wifi when using the market, and thats just one issue i remember... then my phone Froze up.. I gave it a good try, back to good ole CM7 for then... glad its working great for everyone else...
    07-27-2011 07:14 PM
    Page two of this forum: http://forums.androidcentral.com/thu...ks-chingy.html
    07-27-2011 07:36 PM
    12 hrs with Wifi on... 83% battery life... I'm thinking I might have to go for a 24hr test.

07-27-2011 07:47 PM
    Awesome ROM best I've tried. Amazing battery life THANKS
    07-27-2011 08:09 PM
    12 hrs with Wifi on... 83% battery life... I'm thinking I might have to go for a 24hr test.

Turn off the wifi and see what happens
    07-27-2011 08:21 PM

I appreciate the developers work on this rom but the developer pretty much said he couldn't get it to work and didn't sound like there is any plan to try anymore.. Which is to bad because the rom has worked flawlessly for me but I added the 30.00 unlimited option to account and this will not allow me to use what I paid for.

OP...
    Changelog

July 25th v1.0 Beta VI:

Added Native Screenshot Feature (Hold Power + Home soft key to activate) Cool **** right here!
    Fixed Bluetooth Sharing
    Add 3D Tilt Feature in Settings/Display
    Add Screen Calibration in Settings/Display
    Fixed Weather Animations after unlocking phone
    Fixed G-Sensor Calibration
    Clocked Down the kernel a bit hopefully to help those with issues not booting
    Fixed Text-to-Speech

July 23th v1.0 Beta V:

Removed HotSpot (it doesnt work so dont ask me to put it back in, wireless tether works perfectly fine, if you absoutley need this there are other roms with that feature you can check out)
    07-27-2011 08:24 PM
    I have not tested it and have VI loaded... and it has Wireless Tether app.
    07-27-2011 08:33 PM

I appreciate the developers work on this rom but the developer pretty much said he couldn't get it to work and didn't sound like there is any plan to try anymore.. Which is to bad because the rom has worked flawlessly for me but I added the 30.00 unlimited option to account and this will not allow me to use what I paid for.

OP...
    Changelog

July 25th v1.0 Beta VI:

Added Native Screenshot Feature (Hold Power + Home soft key to activate) Cool **** right here!
    Fixed Bluetooth Sharing
    Add 3D Tilt Feature in Settings/Display
    Add Screen Calibration in Settings/Display
    Fixed Weather Animations after unlocking phone
    Fixed G-Sensor Calibration
    Clocked Down the kernel a bit hopefully to help those with issues not booting
    Fixed Text-to-Speech

July 23th v1.0 Beta V:

Removed HotSpot (it doesnt work so dont ask me to put it back in, wireless tether works perfectly fine, if you absoutley need this there are other roms with that feature you can check out)
    So if your rooted then why don't you just use wireless tether... he stated that IT WORKS just not 'hotspot' and they are pretty much the same thing
    07-27-2011 08:37 PM
    So if your rooted then why don't you just use wireless tether... he stated that IT WORKS just not 'hotspot' and they are pretty much the same thing

Ive used Wireless tethering and it was not as stable as when I used the mobile hotspot app... Plus I am paying for a feature and if Verizon monitor illegal tethering there's no reason I need to be flagged in any way. Wireless tethering works ok but I have been able to get a faster download and response time from the stock app and this is why I decided to pay for it..
    07-27-2011 08:55 PM
    I gave this ROM a try earlier today and had continual issues with it... It kept trying to force me to use the wifi when using the market, and thats just one issue i remember... then my phone Froze up.. I gave it a good try, back to good ole CM7 for then... glad its working great for everyone else...
    I am seeing the same with the wifi coming on a lot.
    07-27-2011 09:19 PM

Ive used Wireless tethering and it was not as stable as when I used the mobile hotspot app... Plus I am paying for a feature and if Verizon monitor illegal tethering there's no reason I need to be flagged in any way. Wireless tethering works ok but I have been able to get a faster download and response time from the stock app and this is why I decided to pay for it..
    Sounds like you should stay with the stock ROM. I don't know why you're looking for other ROMs.
    07-27-2011 09:20 PM
    What exactly are you wanting to change about it?
    Get rid of it. To me the screen gets confused when transparent. For notifications it should be simple.
    07-27-2011 09:22 PM
    Sounds like you should stay with the stock ROM. I don't know why you're looking for other ROMs.
    I am not a stock kind of guy , there is other roms that has the mobile hotspot working but I like this rom the best out of all I have tested. I have experimented with identifying the item that causes the mobile hotspot to run and I have been able to get it to run a few times but only for a short time and the gets a FC...

Get rid of it. To me the screen gets confused when transparent. For notifications it should be simple.
    Here you go...
    theMikMik.com • View topic - [MOD] Remove Transparency From Notification Pull Down Beta V
    07-27-2011 09:48 PM

Is this using 4G or is it 3G?
    07-27-2011 10:34 PM
    Is this using 4G or is it 3G?
    Looks like neither, the wifi is on in the screen shot.
    07-27-2011 10:39 PM
    Looks like neither, the wifi is on in the screen shot.
    I do live in a very good LTE area, but like I stated my Wifi was on... so except for my trip to and from work I was on Wifi the entire time. I'll be back in about 45 minutes to post my 24 hour battery results screen shot.
    07-28-2011 06:57 AM
    Turn off the wifi and see what happens
    I will, but I'm still running my Wifi battery test.

Again this wifi battery test was with Wifi ON the entire time.... using BETA VI and Chingy's (1.46.00.0704w) radio. One short call, a couple different app downloads from the Market, what I'd call a normal day except I did not play any games... and my device was on all night, but in Silent mode, and alarm set and it woke me up this morning with a few emails and SMS messages.

Two screen shots... first the battery:

Second, because someone asked once before the Display, which shows how much time the screen display was on:

64% Battery life after 24 hours... I'll buy that for a dollar!!!
    I guess the LTE test will have to wait since I don't see any reason to plug it back in and charge it yet.
    07-28-2011 07:45 AM
    Flashed this Rom, so far so good. I have noticed the wifi issue when going into the market. So far its the only issue i have noticed.
    07-28-2011 09:25 AM
    Flashed this Rom, so far so good. I have noticed the wifi issue when going into the market. So far its the only issue i have noticed.
    I've seen this too... but I then turned off my wifi... and I've had my Wifi on ever since doing this battery test... and it's still going well.... 59% right now at nearly 1day 2hrs.

Again, I know what is running on my device... Beautiful Widget's weather refreshing every time I wake my device... Facebook updating every hour... and a could widgets on other screens... but no News, or Sense Weather... mostly just actively sync'ing 3 different Gmail accounts.
    07-28-2011 09:33 AM
    awesome, downloading now. Takes a lot to pull me from the Bamf Sense 3.0 RC4.9. But I like the sound of "new gingerbread leak"
    07-28-2011 09:50 AM
    So far the best ROM i flashed this is stable, nice batttery usage and FAST FAST FAST,
    07-28-2011 10:02 AM
    Besides the small annoyance with the Wifi popping up sometimes is I'd really like the option of having a scrolling wallpaper... but both are minor for a ROM that works and has such a great battery life.
    07-28-2011 10:08 AM
    Just FYI, Chingy installed a cool feature on the ROM, hold down the power button and them hit the home key while the power button is pushed, and you will take a screen shot.
    07-28-2011 12:29 PM
    Just FYI, Chingy installed a cool feature on the ROM, hold down the power button and them hit the home key while the power button is pushed, and you will take a screen shot.
    Sweet!
    07-28-2011 12:45 PM
188 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD