[ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta VI [07-25-11] New Gingerb

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

android06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta VI [07-25-11] New Gin

this reeaaallly supposed to be the official gb base for the tb ???

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

this reeaaallly supposed to be the official gb base for the tb ???

Is it going to be the official GB.... who knows... but I believe it is a leaked version that has probably been tweaked a few times to get it to work better... after all it is version 6 (that's what the VI means).

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

That's not a whole lot of use for one day

I never said was going to be anybody else's average day or two... I'm sure I could have used it more... but I wanted to push it and see just how long a full battery charge could last with that ROM and that Radio... I never said it was going to be your day... but it's my average use... I get in, read my email, sometimes respond, most times I delete the email, maybe check the weather outside and hit the power button.

Now everybody wants to complain how little the display was on... fine... I guess I can stop posting my own tests and let MOST of you complain about your battery life on this ROM or that ROM. I guess still having 40+% battery life after 36 hours is not that big of a deal.

This is my last post on this thread!!!

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I never said was going to be anybody else's average day or two... I'm sure I could have used it more... but I wanted to push it and see just how long a full battery charge could last with that ROM and that Radio... I never said it was going to be your day... but it's my average use... I get in, read my email, sometimes respond, most times I delete the email, maybe check the weather outside and hit the power button.

Now everybody wants to complain how little the display was on... fine... I guess I can stop posting my own tests and let MOST of you complain about your battery life on this ROM or that ROM. I guess still having 40+% battery life after 36 hours is not that big of a deal.

This is my last post on this thread!!!

I'm not complaining, but others were wondering how you were getting such good battery life. It looks like its because you may not be using it as much as the rest of us, which is fine. I'm happy with the battery life I had on it yesterday, which was my first day. 18hrs unplugged and 2hrs of the screen being on. When I put my phone on the charger last night, it was at 2%. That's definitely the best battery life I've gotten from any of the other ROMs I've used.

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else have an issue connecting it to a pc. I know drivers are there etc. As it's the same pc I have connected to in the past. The pc doesn't see the phone though.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

installed yesterday, calibrated battery yesterday @ around 5pm, had 4G on with no wifi connectivity--about 50 texts, 2 phone calls, downloaded 4 apps, regular sync schedule for 2 gmail accounts & a facebook account=

still have 22% battery at 9.43am today (roughly 16 hours)

took screen shots,--but i've not really used the phone as much as i could have. but even just having the phone idle most of the time i've never made it past 8 hours on any other ROM with the same setup of sync schedules.
this is wayyyy better battery life than i was getting with any BAMF ROM (great guys, great ROMs, just none that gave me this battery life).

awesome job---might have converted me permenantly

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else have an issue connecting it to a pc. I know drivers are there etc. As it's the same pc I have connected to in the past. The pc doesn't see the phone though.

had the same problem yesterday.

switch to InternetPassThrough (or whatever it's called)----drivers will install/phone will show up--then switch back to Disk Drive.

i thought this was just an issue with Imo's kernels/BAMF ROMs, but i guess its GB ROM's in general?

Reactions: The_Engine

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site

the one thing i love about this ROM is the wallpaper. meaning you can now add your own pictures and actually have them fit the screen, plus not scroll from screen to screen. the same picture stays with you the whole way

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

installed yesterday, calibrated battery yesterday @ around 5pm, had 4G on with no wifi connectivity--about 50 texts, 2 phone calls, downloaded 4 apps, regular sync schedule for 2 gmail accounts & a facebook account=

still have 22% battery at 9.43am today (roughly 16 hours)

took screen shots,--but i've not really used the phone as much as i could have. but even just having the phone idle most of the time i've never made it past 8 hours on any other ROM with the same setup of sync schedules.
this is wayyyy better battery life than i was getting with any BAMF ROM (great guys, great ROMs, just none that gave me this battery life).

awesome job---might have converted me permenantly
?
How did you calibrate the battery?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

?
How did you calibrate the battery?

either
download 'battery calibration' app from marketplace, charge to 100%, open app & press 'calibrate battery' to wipe the battery statistics
or
reboot into recovery>advanced>clear battery statistics (something like this)

THEN: deplete the battery completely to 0%, then charge uninterrupted to 100%. done.

(so, i did the 1st part of it--now in the process of killing this things battery)

it wipes the batt stats from any previous ROM/kernel so your phone isn't running erroneously off of erroneous calculations/power consumption

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

searched but didn't find:

i miss the updated camera apk with 'panorama' view/image capture

anyone successfully updated the camera apk on this ROM?

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I think I will stay with this ROM. Battery life is good and it is smooth and snappy. I have the issue of not being able to answer a call from time to time. But I can live with that.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site

I think I will stay with this ROM. Battery life is good and it is smooth and snappy. I have the issue of not being able to answer a call from time to time. But I can live with that.

do you run an app called MR NUMBER? if so for some reason its not compatible to this. once i deleted the app (which i really liked that app) i was able to answer the calls with the ring lock thingy.
there is also i fix out there to. if not running the MR NUMBER app.
answer fix

aznhomie26

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

is anyone having problem using speakerphone during a call? tried turning it on during a convo and couldnt hear the other person

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

anyone able to successfully use google talk Video chat on this ROM?

i can hear the other person & a giant distorted image on the screen,
the other person can hear/see me like they should.

anyone successfully use this app function?

anon(186320)

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Been running this for about a week. At this point, I've been off the charger for about 8 and a half hours, have been alternating between wifi and 3G, have been using the phone white heavily (email, SMS, IM, games, Google+, Tapatalk and more) and I still have 33% battery remaining (using a stick battery). This is a complete win.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

justo1013

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

i did a clean wipe before installing this rom and it started up fine, i played with it for a little bit then it froze and everytime i boot it up now once it gets to the lockscreen it just freezes...help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20