[ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta VI [07-25-11] New Gingerb

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta VI [07-25-11] New Gin

Is anyone else having issues with yahoo? I can't seem to connect to my yahoo account from the email client. Also is there a way to change the transparency setting for the application drawer and notification drawer?

Sorry, I'm not a Yahoo user.... you might look at some of the posts on [ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta VI [07-25-11] New Gingerbread Base!... one of developers is usually on here and answers questions fairly regularly.

Reactions: The_Engine

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I gave this ROM a try but it just wasn't sitting right with me ... maybe because they didn't really have a toolkit compared to other ROMs. Guess it's time to freshen up my Terminal skills.

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Sorry, I'm not a Yahoo user.... you might look at some of the posts on [ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta VI [07-25-11] New Gingerbread Base!... one of developers is usually on here and answers questions fairly regularly.

Looks like User Error. I locked my account when trying to sign in. But the email client doesn't tell you that. It just keeps saying wrong info. Once I logged in from laptop i could set it up.

Now - Anyone know about how to change the transparency in the App Drawer or Notification pull down?

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

Now - Anyone know about how to change the transparency in the App Drawer or Notification pull down?

Most ROM's I've used don't have a setting for it, sometimes devs will have a mod that you can flash to switch it to a solid background in the notification/app drawer but there usually isn't a setting so you can change it on the fly.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Looks like User Error. I locked my account when trying to sign in. But the email client doesn't tell you that. It just keeps saying wrong info. Once I logged in from laptop i could set it up.

What exactly are you wanting to change about it?

Boggus

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site

Anyone have the download link for the Chingy radio? Is hotspot working yet?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

I gave this ROM a try earlier today and had continual issues with it... It kept trying to force me to use the wifi when using the market, and thats just one issue i remember... then my phone Froze up.. I gave it a good try, back to good ole CM7 for then... glad its working great for everyone else...

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

12 hrs with Wifi on... 83% battery life... I'm thinking I might have to go for a 24hr test.

snap20110727_184420.png

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Anyone have the download link for the Chingy radio? Is hotspot working yet?

I appreciate the developers work on this rom but the developer pretty much said he couldn't get it to work and didn't sound like there is any plan to try anymore.. Which is to bad because the rom has worked flawlessly for me but I added the 30.00 unlimited option to account and this will not allow me to use what I paid for.

OP...
Changelog

July 25th v1.0 Beta VI:

Added Native Screenshot Feature (Hold Power + Home soft key to activate) Cool **** right here!
Fixed Bluetooth Sharing
Add 3D Tilt Feature in Settings/Display
Add Screen Calibration in Settings/Display
Fixed Weather Animations after unlocking phone
Fixed G-Sensor Calibration
Clocked Down the kernel a bit hopefully to help those with issues not booting
Fixed Text-to-Speech

July 23th v1.0 Beta V:

Removed HotSpot (it doesnt work so dont ask me to put it back in, wireless tether works perfectly fine, if you absoutley need this there are other roms with that feature you can check out)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I have not tested it and have VI loaded... and it has Wireless Tether app.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

I appreciate the developers work on this rom but the developer pretty much said he couldn't get it to work and didn't sound like there is any plan to try anymore.. Which is to bad because the rom has worked flawlessly for me but I added the 30.00 unlimited option to account and this will not allow me to use what I paid for.

OP...
Changelog

July 25th v1.0 Beta VI:

Added Native Screenshot Feature (Hold Power + Home soft key to activate) Cool **** right here!
Fixed Bluetooth Sharing
Add 3D Tilt Feature in Settings/Display
Add Screen Calibration in Settings/Display
Fixed Weather Animations after unlocking phone
Fixed G-Sensor Calibration
Clocked Down the kernel a bit hopefully to help those with issues not booting
Fixed Text-to-Speech

July 23th v1.0 Beta V:

Removed HotSpot (it doesnt work so dont ask me to put it back in, wireless tether works perfectly fine, if you absoutley need this there are other roms with that feature you can check out)
So if your rooted then why don't you just use wireless tether... he stated that IT WORKS just not 'hotspot' and they are pretty much the same thing

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

So if your rooted then why don't you just use wireless tether... he stated that IT WORKS just not 'hotspot' and they are pretty much the same thing

Ive used Wireless tethering and it was not as stable as when I used the mobile hotspot app... Plus I am paying for a feature and if Verizon monitor illegal tethering there's no reason I need to be flagged in any way. Wireless tethering works ok but I have been able to get a faster download and response time from the stock app and this is why I decided to pay for it..

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I gave this ROM a try earlier today and had continual issues with it... It kept trying to force me to use the wifi when using the market, and thats just one issue i remember... then my phone Froze up.. I gave it a good try, back to good ole CM7 for then... glad its working great for everyone else...

I am seeing the same with the wifi coming on a lot.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Ive used Wireless tethering and it was not as stable as when I used the mobile hotspot app... Plus I am paying for a feature and if Verizon monitor illegal tethering there's no reason I need to be flagged in any way. Wireless tethering works ok but I have been able to get a faster download and response time from the stock app and this is why I decided to pay for it..

Sounds like you should stay with the stock ROM. I don't know why you're looking for other ROMs.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like you should stay with the stock ROM. I don't know why you're looking for other ROMs.

I am not a stock kind of guy :D , there is other roms that has the mobile hotspot working but I like this rom the best out of all I have tested. I have experimented with identifying the item that causes the mobile hotspot to run and I have been able to get it to run a few times but only for a short time and the gets a FC...

Get rid of it. To me the screen gets confused when transparent. For notifications it should be simple.

Here you go...
theMikMik.com • View topic - [MOD] Remove Transparency From Notification Pull Down Beta V

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon