[ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta VI [07-25-11] New Gingerb

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta VI [07-25-11] New Gin

thanks all

here's hoping this thing is as great with battery life as everyone is claiming it to be.

was originally having problems with the Wifi issue that everyone else was encountering. one thing i overlooked (stupid me) was to turn wifi OFF in addition to the "menu>settings>wireless/networks>wifi setup>advanced>never turn auto on" option.
i never turned OFF wifi and kept having the problem.
hope this helps

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

From states you just have phone on but you are not using it because only the standard stock apps are showing in list... Are these shots of a phone you are using regularly..

If you had read my postings you would know exactly how I was using my Thunderbolt... regular use... emails, SMS messages, at least one phone call, downloading apps from the Market, facebook, Google+, Gas Buddy, etc, etc, etc... I just have not played any games... currently I've been up 1day, 7hrs, 40mins, and have 52% battery life... I'm just giving you the screen shot of my battery... sorry if you don't trust what you see... I'll be giving another screen shot later today... maybe the battery screen only shows the top 6 things that take up battery time.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

And if you would have kept reading you would have found this solution:

It took 55 post before answer, after reading post after post saying same thing the reading get old, I simply miss that..... LIFE MOVES ON... :D

If you had read my postings you would know exactly how I was using my Thunderbolt... regular use... emails, SMS messages, at least one phone call, downloading apps from the Market, facebook, Google+, Gas Buddy, etc, etc, etc... I just have not played any games... currently I've been up 1day, 7hrs, 40mins, and have 52% battery life... I'm just giving you the screen shot of my battery... sorry if you don't trust what you see... I'll be giving another screen shot later today... maybe the battery screen only shows the top 6 things that take up battery time.

Surprised that none of the other apps hasn't showed in the battery usage list, usually if I use any app for even for a minute it would show.... No prob just trying to see the pattern you are following to get those numbers,.

Another thing I don't see is if you are using stock battery or extended?

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Surprised that none of the other apps hasn't showed in the battery usage list, usually if I use any app for even for a minute it would show.... No prob just trying to see the pattern you are following to get those numbers,.

Another thing I don't see is if you are using stock battery or extended?

Apps usually show up on the list if it's a significant part of the battery use... but spread that over a full day... and how much would that actually be??? Not much!!!

I've done a lot of testing of different ROMs... including Liquid Thunderbread, but I did forget to add that it is the stock battery... and that is what has surprised me most that I'm getting this kind of battery life from this combination.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Ok... this is the last post of my battery life test for the day, or more like a full day and a half...
Stock battery... Gingeritis 3D Beta VI... Chingy's (1.46.00.0704w) radio.

1day, 12hrs.... 44% battery life still left... I'm fairly sure I could go all the way til tomorrow morning, but I want it fully charged in the morning.

2011-07-28_18-41-06.jpg

What I'd call standard use for the day... in this case a day and half, which really started at 6:40am local yesterday through 6:40pm today. Using the Market to download a few apps and updates... phone calls (mostly short ones)... emails and SMS messages... a few apps like Gas Buddy, limited use of Facebook and Google+... Beautiful Widget's Weather updated every time I wake my device.

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I flashed this ROM last night and I'm loving it so far. Not getting as good of batter life as fatboy, but the battery is definitely better than BAMF 1.8. I'm 13 hours in and still at 50% with moderate use. Sent about 30 texts, a few short phone calls, checking twitter and facebook, and a few games of words with friends.

Only complaint I have is that sometimes when the phone rings, the screen doesn't light up to show me who is calling.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Ok... this is the last post of my battery life test for the day, or more like a full day and a half...
Stock battery... Gingeritis 3D Beta VI... Chingy's (1.46.00.0704w) radio.

1day, 12hrs.... 44% battery life still left... I'm fairly sure I could go all the way til tomorrow morning, but I want it fully charged in the morning.

2011-07-28_18-41-06.jpg

What I'd call standard use for the day... in this case a day and half, which really started at 6:40am local yesterday through 6:40pm today. Using the Market to download a few apps and updates... phone calls (mostly short ones)... emails and SMS messages... a few apps like Gas Buddy, limited use of Facebook and Google+... Beautiful Widget's Weather updated every time I wake my device.

what was your display on time?

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Yeah this ROM is awesome except I get worse battery life on 3g on this than I did on a stock thunderbolt. I donno why.

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I am only seeing about 5 hrs battery on 4g. Better on 3g. Basically. Battery Life is same as BAMF for me.

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Oh, So I went from full charge to 10% in 8h 10m and display was on for 2h 27min, I had about 50m of voice calls. All on 3g. Oh I used the music player for about 30 min. Does this seem normal for you guys?

EDIT: I started using darker color backgrounds and only apps I have running are Google Apps. Only have 2 non Google Apps that rarely get used.

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Oh, So I went from full charge to 10% in 8h 10m and display was on for 2h 27min, I had about 50m of voice calls. All on 3g. Oh I used the music player for about 30 min. Does this seem normal for you guys?

EDIT: I started using darker color backgrounds and only apps I have running are Google Apps. Only have 2 non Google Apps that rarely get used.

I'm going on 16hrs since I took mine off the charger. 2hrs of screen time. I use 3G while I'm at work, since I don't get great service there and then WiFi while I'm at home. I'm trying to get my battery down to 0 since I'm doing the battery calibration tonight.

My use today has been about 25-30 mins of talk time (20 mins of that was using 4G), some Words with Friends, checking Facebook and Twitter, and sent about 30-35 texts. Right now, I'm sitting at 17% after 16hrs, I'll take that.

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

It's about where I am after 15 hours.

Right and he's got about 20 more hours with the same amount of use. I've got 2hrs of display on time is 16hrs. He had less than that for 36hrs.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Sf dinc - totally off topic but how do you feel about our beltran trade???

nghtwulf1974

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

Anyone have a working link? The MikMik forums most recent links and windows are not working at all. Not sure why. For the most recent beta.

nghtwulf1974

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

I actually need the links on the mikmik page, not the link to it. Those recent ad or ad free hot links do not work for me.....

Ads or no ads, they just dont work....wtf.
Keep getting this error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /chingy/Thunderbolt/Gingeritis3D/Builds/Gingeritis3D-v1.0-Beta-VI-signed.zip on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007