[ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta VI [07-25-11] New Gingerb

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta VI [07-25-11] New Gin

No real point in having LTE enabled for general use unless you really like that 4G LTE logo in the notification bar. I only enable it if I'm watching a video or need to download something since the difference is pretty much negligible for emails/general web browsing. Flipping the switch every now and then is a lot better than watching your battery gauge take a dump every minute.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

No real point in having LTE enabled for general use unless you really like that 4G LTE logo in the notification bar. I only enable it if I'm watching a video or need to download something since the difference is pretty much negligible for emails/general web browsing. Flipping the switch every now and then is a lot better than watching your battery gauge take a dump every minute.

While I agree, previously with other roms/stock I got 15+ hours before my battery turned red. Now I'm over half with less than 6hrs.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I keep my 4G on at all times. With my phone sitting for approximately 8 hours overnight no use I only drop around 15% battery.

justo1013

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

well said, i totally agree and i was one of those people who just loved seeing that 4G LTE logo lol but i decided to stop using it unless i really needed to and there is a HUGE difference

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else having problems trying to use Spare Parts with this ROM? It constantly force closes when I try to look at the battery history. Any suggestions?

Also, the Dialer is the thing using the most of my battery this morning and I haven't even made a phone call. Thought I can't complain because after 5 hours, I'm still at 100% on WiFi

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

2hrs and 15min of display time

download.jpg

xsouthwell

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Is there anyway to turn off the preview box (where it shows the last picture you took) in the camera and camcorder, I tried searching and couldnt find a way to shut it off.

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm using the new Chingy radio and that's about it really. I don't have stuff syncing all the time either. But I use my phone pretty often to check Facebook, Twitter, play Words with Friends, and Fruit Ninja. This is easily the best battery life I've gotten out of any ROM. I finally put my phone on the charger an hour ago after 32hrs of it being unplugged and I still had 23% left.

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

I flashed this twice but I don't see any apps returning. Any advice?

deadlydreamx

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Is there anyway to turn off the preview box (where it shows the last picture you took) in the camera and camcorder, I tried searching and couldnt find a way to shut it off.

The preview box like in the evo's? The only preview I get is after ive taken the pic and it shows me what it looked like for a few seconds and then it disappears and id have to click on the button on the bottom left side to see it again.

Mfancy3 do you have an extended battery? best battery ive gotten has been about 12 hours straight without a charge and moderate use.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I flashed this twice but I don't see any apps returning. Any advice?

The restoration of apps thru Google docs is not yet supported on this ROM, you will need to make titanium backups of your user apps and then restore them on this ROM if you don't want to go searching thru the market for all of them. Kinda sucks but otherwise beta6 is pretty sweet.

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Mfancy3 do you have an extended battery? best battery ive gotten has been about 12 hours straight without a charge and moderate use.

Nope regular stock battery for me. Did another test yesterday with 4G. Made it 10hrs yesterday on 4G with 2hrs of display time. This is easily the best battery life I've gotten of any ROM.

ChuckNasty

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

what's the difference between this and das bamf rc4.9? They look alike. Just want to know how are the different.

slave2waf

May 14, 2011
Visit site

For those who don't follow the MikRoms thread, it looks like Beta VII (08-08-11) is now released. I'm looking forward to trying this one out.

qkrtkdgh

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

everytime i create folder and put apps in it, apps in a folder disappear as soon as i restart the phone
i re-flashed the rom few times, and it still does on both vi and vii. any ideas??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance