I am trying to use wireless tether on my phone but I always get errors. Also when I try turning on my WiFi it says error and it is unable to scan for networks. Please help, I'm still a noob at this. I am running dasbamf rc 4.9 and have the Mr2 radio. Thanks!
    07-28-2011 06:55 PM
    Are you running mr3 radio by chance, seems I have seen this mentioned alot here lately with the new radio?
    07-28-2011 07:50 PM
    I downloaded and installed this radio, Download HTC Thunderbolt MR2 Gingerbread Radio
    I'm pretty sure it's the MR2 radio. If there is any way or app I can use to give you more info please post. Thanks.
    07-28-2011 07:59 PM
    I also tried going into the Wireless and Network settings and clicked on 3G Mobile Hotspot and it says error as well. Is there something wrong with the WIFI radio?
    07-28-2011 08:10 PM
    What kernel are you using ?
    07-28-2011 08:22 PM
    07-28-2011 08:28 PM
    Could try wifi fixer from the market and allow it to rebuild the phone's wifi connections, only way I know for now!
    07-28-2011 08:54 PM
    Umm how do I see which kernel I am using and yeah I'm using wireless tether for root users. It's the 2.0.8 build it says expirimental on the download link info

Edit: also I tried using WiFi fixer and it didn't help.
    07-29-2011 01:12 AM
    Umm how do I see which kernel I am using and yeah I'm using wireless tether for root users. It's the 2.0.8 build it says expirimental on the download link info

Edit: also I tried using WiFi fixer and it didn't help.
    There are other versions of the WiFi app you can try maybe.
    You can check kernel in settings, about phone, software version.
    Or you could try flashing a different ROM, and see if it works then.
    07-29-2011 01:34 AM
    I tried all the wireless tether versions and no luck. When I tried using it on the stock ROM it wouldn't work either. Also under mac address it says unavailable in my hardware settings. Is it possible it might be a hardware problem? I haven't been able to tether since I downloaded the most recent ota update and then shortly after I rooted for the first time. I also tried barnacle tether and it didn't work.
    07-29-2011 02:02 AM
    I am trying to use wireless tether on my phone but I always get errors. Also when I try turning on my WiFi it says error and it is unable to scan for networks. Please help, I'm still a noob at this. I am running dasbamf rc 4.9 and have the Mr2 radio. Thanks!
    Try this is should work if you are using the WIRELESS TETHER APP....

1. Go to wireless tether
    2. Go to Menu
    3. Go to Settings
    4. Scroll down to WiFi - driver reload check it
    5. While still in setting scroll up to the top choose Change Device Profile
    6. Pick HTC Thunderbolt
    7. You should be good to go after that.

This is what I had to do and I am running 3.1 - beta 2 no problems

Good luck!
    07-29-2011 02:06 AM
    @ sf dinc it didn't work this is what the log says everything else says done.
    07-29-2011 04:10 AM
    Screw it, im going in to verizon to get a replacement.
    08-01-2011 02:47 AM
    Screw it, im going in to verizon to get a replacement.
    try using Barnacle app from the market... if that doesnt' work then I cant help either bro, at least try it, its free and the best wireless tether I have seen

after a little research, your sim card may be the issue. or the CDMA settings. I am not on your rom but i know you can toggle differnt 3g/4g combonations, at least 4 different ones.. try playing around with that too.. not like you can do anymore harm to your phone
    08-01-2011 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD