Rooted Phone Issue

alphatronix

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have a bit of a problem. So my phone has been rooted for about 2 months. I backed up my Rom the same day I rooted to have it on file. So I began to have some issues and i decided to use Rom Recovery and restore my phone to the original date that it was rooted.

Restoring went ok. The first issue I noticed was that the Friend Stream wasnt updating anymore but i didnt really care for it. Other then that my phone would work just fine. Lately verizon has some sort of Firmware update around 76mb. I downloaded it and it tried to install but after installing, my phone would turn off and restart uncontrollably until I would restore the Rom again and not do the verizon update.

What can I do about this. Is Friend Stream and this problem related? Im sorry, its not just friend stream. now that i think of it, all pics synced with face book on my favorites list also isnt updating.

I have a Rom backup of original before I rooted my phone and a Backup after the root and a back up 12 days after rooted and thats it. No updated back-ups for like 2 1/2 months.

Im not sure how to proceed atm. Can someone give me a hand please.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
No, its because you're rooted and are trying to update. Unfortunately, you will still have this issue until you install a different ROM. If you like the stock look, there is a rooted version of the update you can flash, you will also need to update the radio. The update fails to install on your phone because you have clockwork on there, not the original recovery. Even if you were to successfully update, you would loose root.

alphatronix

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
AHHHH so just install another ROM or an updated version of stock root. gotcha thnx. but why doesnt my friend stream sync since i restored?

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Could just be a simple security check issue with friend stream.......who cares once you use a new rom all will be right as rain!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol