Help please! No cell service after installing new roms

Millzoid

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been searching for hours now. I am extremely new to rooting and flashing roms. I've only tried 2 roms so far and all works well except for the cell service. I get no service from either rom I tried (I installed one of them twice).

Any help would be appreciated.

Millzoid

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
What ROM did you flash... and what Radio did you install???
I have not installed a radio. I know I sound like a newb here, but I have not read anything about installing radios. Link to a tutorial on how to do this? I honestly thought it came installed with the ROMs

Sorry, but it's a little cumbersome trying to balance the info from all the forums on how to learn this stuff.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
you need a new radio for almost all of the recent roms. You need MR2 or MR2.5, doesn't really matter. I'm on my phone now but if you. do a title search only in the rom/hacks section for "radio" you should be able to find out how to do it. It's very simple.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You need to tell us what ROM you installed!!!! It doesn't help us if you can't answer our entire question.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if you flashed a Froyo ROM or a Gingerbread ROM... if I knew what ROM I might be able to tell you where to download and "How to" flash a Radio.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
read read read read and oh by the way read some more before attempting anything like this. i read many different forums on rooting and roming and radioing before i attempted this.

Millzoid

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
read read read read and oh by the way read some more before attempting anything like this. i read many different forums on rooting and roming and radioing before i attempted this.

I have read numerous threads on rooting, which I didn't have a problem with. The problem was just not understanding what I needed as far as radios. I'm comfortable with doing anything with my phone (to an extent). it's just the process and trying to keep track of all the different info out there.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I am using Das BAMF Sense 3.0 RC4.9 now and also ran Gingeritis3D

Gingerbread ROMs... good to know... go to [ROM/KERNEL/RADIO List] Official RootzWiKi HTC Thunderbolt ROM's List - [07/30/2011], scroll down to Post #4... the top "Radio] [Leak] [7-17-11]2.xx.xxx.x Radio New Gingerbread RUU" is a very good radio I've used with Gingeritis 3D.

To flash the radio, rename the zip to PG05IMG.zip if it's not already and place it on the root of your SD Card. Boot into Bootloader: power off your phone... Turn the phone back on by holding down the volume down rocker and the power button at the same time until the phone opens in bootloader. The zip should start running and updating the radio. Once done reboot the phone on and remove the PG05IMG.zip from your phone or move it off the root of the sd card in another folder. If its not moved after the installation it will constantly keep trying to update the radio if you ever need to boot into bootloader again to get to recovery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac