Rom with the best battery life?

shawdzad

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I've tried a few roms but none for a long enough time to compare battery life. Im currently running gingeritis 3d and it seems pretty good. So which rom have you guys found to have the best battery life and what kernals/radios could make them even better?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kors

PapaSmurf6768

Themer
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
This is kind of a hard question to answer, as I'm sure a bunch of people will chime in a tell you. In the end, a stock AOSP rom (such as CM7) will in theory give you the best battery life because there's almost nothing going on in the background. As apps are installed and accounts are set up though, that's what will bring battery down on any rom. GB roms are also better at managing memory, so I GB rom should give better battery than a Froyo. From personal experience, I found that almost any ROM can give good battery life if you tweak it correctly, but CM7 is definitely a good place to start.

Wow that was long :p

justo1013

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
As papsmurf said, tweaking it such as overclocking/undervolting and making profiles to make the processor run slower when the screen is off can help to make battery life better... and as he also stated AOSP roms will tend to give you better battery life... CM7 is good and you should also try out Liquid ThunderBread 2.5... i only used it briefly for about a day, but it seemed to have pretty good battery but for some reason the android system was using a big percentage, i am going to reinstall it and use it again very soon tho.

xxtsxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I am using bas damf sense 3.0 and i got over one day and nine hours out of a charge. In that the screen was one for a little over three hours. I have it overclocked to 1.4 ghz and about 300 mhz when the screen was off. I thought that this was pretty good battery life

justo1013

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I am using bas damf sense 3.0 and i got over one day and nine hours out of a charge. In that the screen was one for a little over three hours. I have it overclocked to 1.4 ghz and about 300 mhz when the screen was off. I thought that this was pretty good battery life

i am running das bamf sens 3.0 now as well, are u using setcpu?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

3 hrs of screen on time, with stock battery, is pretty awesome if you ask me.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
have tried bamf 3.0, have tried LGB and now on gingeritus 3d. for me it has been the best battery life ever. as you can tell in other responses you will have to trial and error each on to your liking.

qzyv1r

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm on bamf 3.0 and life is better than my wife's stock TB. It all depends on the kernal and how much you use the device. Member these phones are like mini laptops and the best life out of my dell is 3 hrs without a cord so IMO anything more is not worth complaining about.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
yea but light, moderate, or heavy use?

battery has so much to do with signal quality and screen on time you can't really quantify what one person gets at any one time - however, you can get a grasp of what one person gets in their situation and apply that to what you might get in your given situation i suppose. but personally, i leave most of it to screen on time, and then factor in the unknown (4g) signal quality you might get on any given day. - just my take on things anyway

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting amazing battery life with Gingeritis 3D VI. Yesterday I went to bed after 23hrs and 2hrs of display time and I still had 25% left. I was texting, checking Facebook and Twitter, playing Words with Friends and Fruit Ninja, did a quick Skype call, and made a quick phone call. I'd say I'm a moderate user.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
36 hrs... Gingeritis 3D Beta VI... Chingy's (1.46.00.0704w) radio... some will say it's very light use, but it's a normal day and a half for me, with out some games.

I have not seen anyone come close to this.

2011-07-28_18-41-06.jpg

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
36 hrs... Gingeritis 3D Beta VI... Chingy's (1.46.00.0704w) radio... some will say it's very light use, but it's a normal day and a half for me, with out some games.

I have not seen anyone come close to this.
Even on standby without using the phone that's pretty impressive.. that's the stock battery right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay