Im running Gingeritis v1.0 VI and randomly lost data the other night and havent gotten it back since...After rebooting a couple times each day to try and get a 3G or 4G connection and getting nothing I figure I'd finally post the question. I had a strong 3G connection the other night and I went into my mobile network settings to change it to LTE mode because I was doing a download and it wouldnt connect. Then I went back in to try and change it back to cdma mode and it still couldnt get a connection. For three days I've been running either on no data or wifi...so my question is do I need to flash a nandroid backup or reflash the ROM? Or is there something I'm completely missing because I'd rather just change a setting rather then losing some recent texts and contacts (dont feel like doing a nother backup if not necessary lol)

Thanks

JV
    08-06-2011 05:54 PM
    Im running Gingeritis v1.0 VI and randomly lost data the other night and havent gotten it back since...After rebooting a couple times each day to try and get a 3G or 4G connection and getting nothing I figure I'd finally post the question. I had a strong 3G connection the other night and I went into my mobile network settings to change it to LTE mode because I was doing a download and it wouldnt connect. Then I went back in to try and change it back to cdma mode and it still couldnt get a connection. For three days I've been running either on no data or wifi...so my question is do I need to flash a nandroid backup or reflash the ROM? Or is there something I'm completely missing because I'd rather just change a setting rather then losing some recent texts and contacts (dont feel like doing a nother backup if not necessary lol)

Thanks

JV
    i've been losing 4g/3g more often than usual, running the official mr2 (which was previously very solid) with gingeritis 3d beta 6. i've also noticed a couple other people around here citing the same thing - more frequent data outages.

i haven't seen a fix for it, but it doesn't appear to be clearly a radio problem, or a rom problem, or a signal issue - it could easiliy be any one of those, or a combination of factors.

one thing i would suggest trying is a different radio, like if you're using the official mr2 you might want to try the leaked gingerbread that chingy dropped a few weeks a go - the 2.xxxxxxx radio available at themikmik.com

or, you could try going back to a bamf rom, i never had this issue with bamf rc4.9, although i did have different issues with that rom.

anyway, i'm not sold that it's a rom issue, but if it is then reflashing the rom might help for a period of time, but the problem is likely to come back.
    Valquez9 likes this.
    08-06-2011 06:03 PM
    I had the same issue with a different rom. Try wiping the cache before changing the radio, worked for me.
    zero neck likes this.
    08-06-2011 09:15 PM
    No data issues running the latest beta and radio combination
    zero neck likes this.
    08-07-2011 12:49 AM
    I had the same issue with a different rom. Try wiping the cache before changing the radio, worked for me.

Is the radio different than ROM? I'm using an older phone, Optimus Slider with custom ROM (2.3.4)
    04-07-2013 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD