Lost GPS totally

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Gang -

Totally lost all GPS.

Maybe as a result of being dropped, dunno.

Was just working a few days ago.

Don't see that lil Dish icon anymore nore do any satellites show up in various GPS apps.

Did all wipes and nothing.

Tried to backup to a prev image, and Clockwork said MD5 was bad - on all my backups. WTF???

Help! :)

Much thanks.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
This looks like it should have been placed in the ROM section since you are talking about ROMs.

Did you upgrade the ClockworkMod Recovery... you should go back to an older version and try that.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Silly me renamed the backups and used a space. Now backup is restoring.

If no GPS, then guess it's back to unroot, or just remove the 'bad apps' then have VZW exchange it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Silly me renamed the backups and used a space. Now backup is restoring.

If no GPS, then guess it's back to unroot, or just remove the 'bad apps' then have VZW exchange it.

If no GPS... then flash a Sense ROM... most Sense ROMs are good with GPS... most AOSP ROMs have a known issue with GPS... are you running an AOSP ROM????

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Think I found my error. I saw where someone suggested changing the gps.conf file. Well, it is a tad hard to do since it is read only.

An app in the market called 'fast fix' will allow change to any national GPS server or custom.

Then, it seems, my woes began. Nothing - nothing would fix it. Even changing back.

Now I am back to where I was on 8/5, but all updated.

GPS works. Yay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles