[LINK][OFFICIAL][GB]DasBAMF "uber BAMF" Preview 1&2 (8/14/11)

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [LINK][OFFICIAL][Gingerbread] Das BAMF "uber BAMF" Preview 8/

I just checked and mine is looking normal. showing everyday as it should...

My only real complaint about this rom is that sometimes I cant pick up the phone when someone is calling, it only gives me the option to END CALL, and I also cant send picture messages.. so far everything else looks like it is operational

Seems to be a known issue. Also I had this on Gingeritis 3D.

Reactions: ssethv

xxtsxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site

is anyone else unable to overclock??? in both bamf settings and set cpu the maz i can get to is 1024 mhz

PapaSmurf6768

Themer
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

is anyone else unable to overclock??? in both bamf settings and set cpu the maz i can get to is 1024 mhz
This is because this ROM has the stock HTC kernel. If you want to OC flash the Imo 3.5.0 kernel (but make sure you wipe dalvik and cache before).

Reactions: xxtsxx

PapaSmurf6768

Themer
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I think it may be related to the HTC News Widget ... once I had added it to confirm the force close, it was a SOB to move and get rid of.
Woops... Sorry I brought it up!
The battery that i am getting with this is GREAT... i had 1hr and 40 mins of voice calls and 1hr 46 mins of display time in this screenshot... oh and it was mostly on wifi, but i did leave my house a few times throughout the day in which it was running on 3g
Would you mind posting up that wallpaper? It's pretty sweet.

yazoowho

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

Ok, the bug where I can't answer calls and only get an "End Call", has now forced me to go back to 4.9. I had a couple important calls this morning and couldn't pickup because of this bug.

Other than that, its a great ROM.

PapaSmurf6768

Themer
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

You guys should check out this link, post #536. Apparently it fixes a couple bugs people have been having. Make sure you wipe cache and dalvik before flashing (in recovery)
EDIT: Might break Wifi. Either flash Imo's 3.5.0 kernel after flashing or make a nandroid before flashing and revert to it if you don't want a custom kernel.

Last edited:

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Ok, the bug where I can't answer calls and only get an "End Call", has now forced me to go back to 4.9. I had a couple important calls this morning and couldn't pickup because of this bug.

Other than that, its a great ROM.
That issue alone forced me to MONOLITH3ORY ROM... I have to be able to answer my phone for my work.

justo1013

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the update once I get to my computer I will download/flash. Nice to see the wifi issue in the change log that is my biggest compliant since flashing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I went straight from 4.9 to preview 2 (and a half) and so far so good. Granted, there is only so much you can improve up as I was pretty happy with 4.9 but overall, on uber it feels a little snappier and I no longer get force close on some services. Definitely worth the time to update. As usual, a quality ROm from BAMF!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Preview 2.5 is one of the smoothest roms Ive used so far, now if they can figure out the hotspot bug I will be in heaven.. Wifi tether is OK but not as good as stock hotspot..

Last edited:

saraheba

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Loving it so far! Went to preview 2.5 from 4.9. Haven't put it through all the paces yet tho.

justo1013

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
is there still an "end call" bug with this ROM? i would have stuck with preview 1 but that was my biggest issue and i need to be able to answer my phone calls

saraheba

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Haven't seen it yet but so far works fine from lock. Haven't been actively using it when I've gotten a call yet.

Reactions: justo1013

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
is there still an "end call" bug with this ROM? i would have stuck with preview 1 but that was my biggest issue and i need to be able to answer my phone calls
I was wondering the same thing... that is the only thing that is really holding me back from this ROM.. I absolutely have to be able to answer my phone for my job.

Also, has anyone tested MMS with the new preview?