09-21-2011 06:59 PM
78 1234
tools
    Loaded this up over the weekend and running well. Noticed that Fruit Ninja, which used to lag on CM7 1.5.2 and das BAMF 4.9, now runs much more smoothly enabling me to reach a new high score.

That's a benefit you won't read about every day.

Sent using Tapatalk
    08-16-2011 08:12 PM
    Why is the bolt referred to as Mecha?
    08-18-2011 09:08 AM
    That was the original name as far as I know.
    08-18-2011 09:37 AM
    It was the internal HTC name for the phone during development.

Sent using Tapatalk
    08-18-2011 09:44 AM
    Has anyone figured out the voicemail notification? Mine does not seem to work at all.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    08-18-2011 11:50 AM
    Has anyone figured out the voicemail notification? Mine does not seem to work at all.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Use Google Voice... it works.

I just switched back to CM7 last night... and Google Voice works for voicemail notification.
    08-31-2011 05:49 AM
    Use Google Voice... it works.

I just switched back to CM7 last night... and Google Voice works for voicemail notification.
    Do you need to change your number to use google voice? Not quite sure I understand how it works.
    08-31-2011 08:36 AM
    Do you need to change your number to use google voice? Not quite sure I understand how it works.
    Google Voice does create a new telephone number, but you can use that for just your voice mail. I already had a Google Voice account setup a long time ago when I was on T-Mobile... so I'm not sure if downloading the app first, or setting it up on your PC first is advisable... but it is easy once you have it going it will step you through it. Like I said there are some other things like calling internationally through it, but I don't use that... just the voice mail.

And if you want to later on, you can always deactive it and go back to VZW's voice mail... but I like the fact they send you an email with transcription, and a voice mail recording... plus a text message, but I'm hoping they will allow us to deactive that in a future release.
    08-31-2011 08:54 AM
    But to use google voice for voicemail only all my friends would need to know the new number right?
    08-31-2011 02:52 PM
    But to use google voice for voicemail only all my friends would need to know the new number right?
    No... they just call your regular number... and Google Voice answers. No one else knows my Google Voice number, but me... I can call my number, not answer, and get a normal call missed, then my text msg notification, then I get my email with the mp3 sound file of my voice msg. After it's setup... go into Settings > Call settings > Voicemail service will be Google Voice, and Voicemail settings will have the number and your primary Gmail account.

Now I'm going to precis this by saying I'm only use Google Voice as a Voicemail... not as international or any thing else... just voicemail.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-31-2011 02:59 PM
    Is there a visual voicemail option?

How many times will my phone ring before going to google vm?

Can I hit volume up to send call directly to google voicemail?

I'm basically asking if there are other differences.
    08-31-2011 04:25 PM
    Is there a visual voicemail option?

How many times will my phone ring before going to google vm?

Can I hit volume up to send call directly to google voicemail?

I'm basically asking if there are other differences.
    There is a Google Voice Widget, which will display msgs.

I do not remember any difference in the number of rings.

I think you can hit the volume up, but I did not test that... but I think your phone still works the same way.

Check out the help on Google Voice if you have any other questions on it.
    08-31-2011 04:54 PM
    Thanks again fir your patience. I always trust experienced users over websites.

I can't wait for the final version of cm7.
    08-31-2011 06:33 PM
    CM7 rc1.7 was just released... I'd love to spend the time creating a new thread... but I'm busy downloading the new version.

****EDIT: WOW... This was post #2000!!!
    08-31-2011 08:40 PM
    CM7 rc1.7 was just released... I'd love to spend the time creating a new thread... but I'm busy downloading the new version.
    Thanks for passing on the news. I've been running CM7 for the past month. Before than I ran stock and then various Sense ROMs. I really like the AOSP experience so it's great to see an update.

Sent using Tapatalk
    08-31-2011 08:50 PM

****EDIT: WOW... This was post #2000!!!
    I came in this thread to say the same thing. Flashing it now
    09-01-2011 12:38 AM
    Updated this morning and all has been running smooth today. On a side note, I switch to using Simi clock/weather and since I did I haven't had the random weather locations.
    09-01-2011 03:47 PM
    Flashed RC 1.7 last night and running fine. Haven't noticed any differences between the latest release and RC 1.6.1 yet. I also flashed the latest version of leanKernel since my Tbolt runs well on the extremely undervolted setting on LK.

Sent using Tapatalk
    09-01-2011 05:38 PM
    I flashed rc1.7 last night... one thing I have not done yet is to switch off Geolocation on Beautiful Widget's Weather... I've been locked on my location since I loaded this last night... we shall see if it continues.
    09-01-2011 06:23 PM
    Flashed 1.7 might have had a bad download, did not ask for Google account on setting up, and when entered under accounts, could not find it, also had no market installed (is this due to new market?) back on 1. 6 until I hear more...
    09-01-2011 08:51 PM
    Flashed 1.7 might have had a bad download, did not ask for Google account on setting up, and when entered under accounts, could not find it, also had no market installed (is this due to new market?) back on 1. 6 until I hear more...
    Could be a bad download. Did you check the md5 checksum of the download?

Sent using Tapatalk
    09-01-2011 08:53 PM
    Any way I can get back the HTC stock email app? I actually liked it vs the CM7 one.

Thanks!
    09-01-2011 10:05 PM
    Not sure if you can load the sense app, I've always used the stock email that comes with whatever rom I'm using.

What happened to ssethv, I enjoyed his input?
    09-02-2011 05:24 AM
    Not sure if you can load the sense app, I've always used the stock email that comes with whatever rom I'm using.

What happened to ssethv, I enjoyed his input?
    I'm sure you are correct on not being able to load a Sense email client... and I'm strickly a Gmail client user, so have no idea except if it's that much of a deal breaker you might want to try a Sense ROM... or you can look over on RootzWiki or XDA forum under the Thunderbolt's CM7 thread.

Last time I heard from ssethv he was very busy and did not have much time to check in here.
    09-02-2011 05:43 AM
    The ability to BCC to self on send is actually useful.
    09-02-2011 06:23 AM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD