[LINK][ROM] CM7 for Thunderbolt. RC1.6.1 Updated 8-15

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
[ROM] CM7 for Thunderbolt. RC1.6.1 Updated 8-15

Please Read ENTIRE Post

Main contributors to the Mecha Device: slayher

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This build will have bugs and issues! If you are feint of heart or not confident with your self to recover your phone through recovery, adb, or fastboot, you may want to think twice before flashing this ROM. If you are looking for a completely stable daily driver for a ROM, you may want to move on and wait. BUT, if you are familar with your Phone and are willing to submit issues with Logcats, radio logs, and kmsg logs, and helpful feedback, then you might wanna try this out.

****THIS IS A TESTING PHASE ROM THERE WILL BE ISSUES.****

**Known Issues**
-Possible Data/Voice bugs and issues.
-GPS Not being accurate.
-GPS Not starting.
-Flash Videos in browser only work with Flash version 10.2
-Speaker Phone in Skype broken

As Always, make backups, and insure you wipe data/cache when loading the rom.

CM7 for Thunderbolt RC1.6.1
md5sum 240a9eb48a5faad38003d328d10d5237

GAPPS that you need to flash too (yes it will bring all of your Google apps with you to this ROM)
http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip
MD5 87ffe96c5e94531d96d018e09c701581

LATEST CWR OR TWRP is required From now on.
What is TWRP??? -> it is Team Win Recovery Project, similar to CWR but created by Team Win -> Team Win Recovery Project for Thunderbolt (8/8 1.0.3-rbox.2) PLEASE READ THROUGH THIS LINK, IF YOU DON"T FEEL COMFORTABLE USING A NEW RECOVERY, THEN I WOULD STICK WITH WHAT YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH ---CWR

No Data Wipe should be required, but as usual, if weird stuff happens, wipe it.-> PLEASE DON'T POST ANY QUESTIONS UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE A FULL WIPE FIRST TO SEE IF THAT FIXES YOUR ISSUES :)

** Changes/Fixes to 8/14 **
-Fixed Up some Audio system.
-Sync'd Up with the mainline.

FOR Real time discussion of the ROM and bugs etc, please join #slayher on irc.freenode.net
This will be the best place for information gathering.

LINK to CM7 1.4 and 1.5.1 thread

I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ANY OF THIS, I AM BUT A MESSENGER, PASSING ALONG THE GREAT NEWS...

Last edited:

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
He also says in his main post on Rootz wiki that "LATEST CWR OR TWRP is required From now on." I assume CWR is Clockwork Recovery, but I'm not familiar with TWRP. Can someone enlighten me?

ryan1972

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
He also says in his main post on Rootz wiki that "LATEST CWR OR TWRP is required From now on." I assume CWR is Clockwork Recovery, but I'm not familiar with TWRP. Can someone enlighten me?

Found this...
*link removed*

Last edited:

ryan1972

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what the function of TWRP is exactly. Looks to me like its the same type of app as Clockwork Recovery. Anyone want to explain what the difference is?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what the function of TWRP is exactly. Looks to me like its the same type of app as Clockwork Recovery. Anyone want to explain what the difference is?
from what I gathered, it is pretty much the same as CWR but a little faster and the devs are open and willing to work with more devs for patches (fixes)...basically, they aren't a "one man show" ;)

Reactions: ryan1972

ryan1972

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
from what I gathered, it is pretty much the same as CWR but a little faster and the devs are open and willing to work with more devs for patches (fixes)...basically, they aren't a "one man show" ;)

Thanks. I loaded it and am in the process of updating CM7. Odd though, when I went to install the CM7 update from within Clockwork, my bolt was supposed to reboot and start the install automatically like it always did. I walked back over to my phone to see the new TeamWin Recovery screen asking me what I wanted to do. I had to point it to the zip I wanted to install. Looks like TWRP has hijacked the boot process from Clockwork?
It was a quick install and it seems to have worked well. I dont see any options for TWRP. No app in the app drawer. I guess I have to do some more research!

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Nice. After spending the weekend on a few Sense ROM's, a change to a refreshed AOSP will be nice.

That said, all of these RC's are reminding me of how long GMail spent in "beta."

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had this issue since moving to CM7, it's not a big deal, but maybe there is a setting that I can change that I haven't noticed. When I'm on a phone call and i go to hit "end", most of the time when I take the phone away from my ear the screen stays black and I have wake up the phone by hitting the power button and then end the call. Is there a sensitivity level I can adjust so the screen will turn back on easier when I pull it away from my ear?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
TWRP looks interesting... and competition is good. Does it replace CWR, or coexists with it??? And is there then an additional app, or do I access it through hBoot??? I'm not really seeing much information in the thread on RootzWiki... just those different font color images.

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had this issue since moving to CM7, it's not a big deal, but maybe there is a setting that I can change that I haven't noticed. When I'm on a phone call and i go to hit "end", most of the time when I take the phone away from my ear the screen stays black and I have wake up the phone by hitting the power button and then end the call. Is there a sensitivity level I can adjust so the screen will turn back on easier when I pull it away from my ear?

Anyone else besides me seeing this issue?

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else besides me seeing this issue?

I've never had that one ... when I was running CM7 1.5.2 I had an issue with the proximity sensor NOT turning the screen off when I was on a call, and my ear would trigger keypad presses.

ryan1972

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so how do I remove Team Win Recovery Project and go back to using Clockwork? I am just used to using Clockwork and it seems to work fine for me.

ryan1972

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
My GPS would not lock on after updating to 1.6.1 so I made a backup, restored to a GB ROM and got a good GPS lock and then restored CM7 and viola!
Just wanted to share...

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My GPS would not lock on after updating to 1.6.1 so I made a backup, restored to a GB ROM and got a good GPS lock and then restored CM7 and viola!
Just wanted to share...

Personally, I will not flash a AOSP ROM, unless I have gotten a good GPS lock with the Navigation app right before Recovery.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Just updated this AM w/o any wiping.

I posted my findings on the prev CM7 release thread.

Is there another 'more better' email client like the stock one? Well... I liked it. :)

And is there a way to change the camera pixle size along w/ everything else?

Now I am hooked on this OS.

Would this replace the Kernel if not part of the package?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan