[LINK][ROM] CM7 for Thunderbolt. RC1.6.1 Updated 8-15

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Updated this morning and all has been running smooth today. On a side note, I switch to using Simi clock/weather and since I did I haven't had the random weather locations.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Flashed RC 1.7 last night and running fine. Haven't noticed any differences between the latest release and RC 1.6.1 yet. I also flashed the latest version of leanKernel since my Tbolt runs well on the extremely undervolted setting on LK.

Sent using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I flashed rc1.7 last night... one thing I have not done yet is to switch off Geolocation on Beautiful Widget's Weather... I've been locked on my location since I loaded this last night... we shall see if it continues.

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Flashed 1.7 might have had a bad download, did not ask for Google account on setting up, and when entered under accounts, could not find it, also had no market installed (is this due to new market?) back on 1. 6 until I hear more...

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Flashed 1.7 might have had a bad download, did not ask for Google account on setting up, and when entered under accounts, could not find it, also had no market installed (is this due to new market?) back on 1. 6 until I hear more...

Could be a bad download. Did you check the md5 checksum of the download?

Sent using Tapatalk

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you can load the sense app, I've always used the stock email that comes with whatever rom I'm using.

What happened to ssethv, I enjoyed his input?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you can load the sense app, I've always used the stock email that comes with whatever rom I'm using.

What happened to ssethv, I enjoyed his input?

I'm sure you are correct on not being able to load a Sense email client... and I'm strickly a Gmail client user, so have no idea except if it's that much of a deal breaker you might want to try a Sense ROM... or you can look over on RootzWiki or XDA forum under the Thunderbolt's CM7 thread.

Last time I heard from ssethv he was very busy and did not have much time to check in here.

ryan1972

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The ability to BCC to self on send is actually useful.

Ed, Have you tried K9 Email? Not quite sure if that feature is there but its a pretty good email app to use and it runs on all ROMs that I have tried. I recently switched to Google Apps so my email is now through gmail, which works really well except for no zooming in messages. :'(

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Yup.Tried K-9.

I have a custom email from a GoDaddy (secureserver.net) hosting and Verizon account. Don't use gmail.

Last edited:

ryan1972

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yup.Tried K-9.

I have a custom email from a GoDaddy (secureserver.net) hosting and Verizon account. Don't use gmail.

FWIW, I also have a custom domain through a hosting company and just recently opened a free Google Apps account and pointed my email to it. Works like a charm! The account is free for up to 10 email accounts I believe. Each email address will have over 7GB of email storage space.

google.com/apps

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I also have a custom domain through a hosting company and just recently opened a free Google Apps account and pointed my email to it. Works like a charm! The account is free for up to 10 email accounts I believe. Each email address will have over 7GB of email storage space.

google.com/apps

Not go off topic - but the free account you got with google.com/apps - is that free for 1 month? or indefinetly? All I am seeing is free for one month :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca