Rooting after using revolutionary.

GTRDEALER

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Trying to figure how to root the tb after sucessfully using revolutionary. I tried using the recovery method I read in other threads but when I do that I get the picture of the phone with the red triangle with an exclamation point. What am I missing here?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Trying to figure how to root the tb after sucessfully using revolutionary. I tried using the recovery method I read in other threads but when I do that I get the picture of the phone with the red triangle with an exclamation point. What am I missing here?

i assume 'Revolutionary' is referencing unRevoked, yes?

if you used unRevoked, you're rooted. it just depends on whether or not you went permanent Root (unlocking bootloader=ability to load custom ROMs) or soft root (ability to have SuperUser access to phone files, but not change ROMs)

if you can access the hboot menu, look to see if "S-ON" or "S-OFF"
if it's S-ON, you can't load custom ROM's
if it's S-OFF (bootloader unlocked), you can load ROM's and jump onto the Gingerbread bandwagon :)

(everyone makes mistakes----if i'm mistaken, please correct)

newarkgirl

May 12, 2010
Visit site
While I'm waiting for my TB to show up, I went looking for rooting instructions. I used unRevoked for my Incredible, and when I found Revolutionary I thought was golden. Except it seemed to be a bit lacking in some steps that I remembered.

And then I found this page:

HTC Thunderbolt - RootzWiki

Perhaps that will help.