Common issues with rooting your TB.

dsfarag

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey nerd-roids!

I am going to start off by saying that there is a lot of knowledge on here, so seek it out!

First off, I have been on my first Android device as of 3 weeks ago, and be it that, a very cool experience too! When I was new to rooting and working with custom ROMs I went through my learning curve as well. Be patient and follow instructions. I work in the computer industry as an engineer and I had troubles as well, folks. For all of us geeks here, it would be an understatement to say that you MUST follow the directions here verbatim! Hence the term, syntax.

Here are some common problems that I encountered:

1-After you install the ROM and radio, please delete the radio from your sd card via your device or connected through a USB wire into your machine (computer). Either delete it using a file manager app or using windows explorer. Make sure to reboot.

2-Please BACKUP AND WIPE WIPE WIPE CACHE/DAVLIK CACHE ETC.

3-Back up your ROM, I can't say this enough.

4-If rooting your TB via ADB (instructions are very well put, and is a sticky) follow the directions verbatim and delete all files that need to be loaded onto your sd card then removed.

5-Windows 7 users (like myself) you shouldn't be required to add a ".zip" file extension to your file name. Reason being, W7 already recognized PG05IMG.zip as a zip file, therefore, you do not need to add the zip file extension at the end, just name it "PG05IMG" (without the quotation marks). I encountered this specific issue when dealing with the PG05IMG file.

6-As far as Google street view goes, I have not encountered a ROM that includes this feature built into it. Why? Either I accidentally deleted it when I first rooted my phone, or its the ugly duck and left out on purpose. Simply install it fro the market and you are all set.

7-ENJOY YOUR DROID!

*If anyone cares to add their .02 to this, please do. :cool:

Reactions: ssethv and Jux

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Quick note, I am still messing around with GAPPS, I am not much help with this.

For what it's worth, if you're running a ROM that requires GApps (Cyanogen), all you do is "install .zip from SD card" after flashing the ROM and then select the gapps file before rebooting.

Which means if you're downloading a ROM that needs it, download the GApps .zip too. It'll be in the first post of the ROM thread.

Easy peasy.

dsfarag

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
there we go folks, thanks jux, you've helped me out a ton as well when I first leaner how to skate.

Personally, I normally use ROMs that have gapps anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze