We are no longer stuck we got root on gb

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
After a day of sadness of the gb update making us all stuck i decided to put the call out on xda and the came through. we will be able to root the gingerbread update using Revolutionary: S-OFF & Recovery Tool 0.4pre4. this will get us s-off i just finished doing it myself and it works make sure you have removed htc sync from your computer. what are u waiting for follow this link and get your root on also this will let u role back to mr2 here is the link http://revolutionary.io/

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
After a day of sadness of the gb update making us all stuck i decided to put the call out on xda and the came through. we will be able to root the gingerbread update using Revolutionary: S-OFF & Recovery Tool 0.4pre4. this will get us s-off i just finished doing it myself and it works make sure you have removed htc sync from your computer. what are u waiting for follow this link and get your root on also this will let u role back to mr2 here is the link http://revolutionary.io/

I was seriously curious about this. It would seem that the Revolutionary method is using a different exploit than our previous root method, so I figured it may be possible that it would still work after the GB update.

Granted, I'm already rooted...but it's good to know that if the cr@p hits the fan or if I have to get a replacement device, (etc), after the GB update comes out, I can still get back to rooted goodness!

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but is attaining s-off all that is required for one to be able to flash an older RUU? And then will this Revolutionary tool put back s-on if desired?

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Over on MikMik land, there was instructions on how to install the RUU untouched and give it root - and preserving hboot from future RUUs mucking the bootloader as well.

Permission was given to share as I saw fit...

1) Wipe data, cache, and dalvik
2) Download Thunderbolt_Patched_hboot.zip from XDA by Shadowmite.
3) Open Thunderbolt_Patched_hboot.zip, you should see PG05IMG.zip inside. Take PG05IMG.zip and place it in the root of your microSD card. Reboot into Hboot. (Hboot should say UNLOCKED--highlighted in pink).
4) It should detect PG05IMG.zip. Just install it. Then delete PG05IMG.zip
5) Install full RUU (will lose root and clockworkmod). Then delete PG05IMG.zip
6) Download clockworkmod (CWR4.0.1.5)PG05IMG.zip) from XDA.
7) Rename the clockworkmod download to PG05IMG.zip. Place on root of your microSD card.
8) Reboot into HBoot, it should detect PG05IMG.zip, install it, then delete PG05IMG.zip. Now you have Clockworkmod.
9) Lastly, install Superuser (su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip) by downloading it from here. Install Superuser from Clockworkmod. Reboot.

You now have ROOT ACCESS (SUPERUSER), CLOCKWORKMOD, AND WORKING WI-FI.

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
hi i used the Revolutionary method to root my phone but i need to take it into verizon for a replacment the home buton stopped working. i have tried using the auto root flashing the stock firmware and then doing the ota and that still left me with s off. i even tried flashing the new gb leak and sill got s off if soneone could help me out here it would be appricated

sammy303

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

I rooted via Revolutionary. Does this mean if I install the latest Gingerbread RUU (2.10.605.1) then I can reroot with Revolutionary? Has anybody already tried this?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes u will loose root privilege. Yeah u can reroot with it but I would do some more research do to the fact there seems to be some unresolved problems with unrooting after using revolutionary.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes u will loose root privilege. Yeah u can reroot with it but I would do some more research do to the fact there seems to be some unresolved problems with unrooting after using revolutionary.

Thanks! Whew, I really wouldn't want to root in a way that won't easily let.me.unroot.

nugiene

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
waitaminute, so if I rootz using revolutionary, then update with the ruu I will loose root? I thought that revolutionary patched hboot so it wouldn't update?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
When i used revolutionay I can say that I gained s-off and root. When I flashed a new ROM via ROM manager I lost root but still had s-off. I had to reboot in recovery and install the s.u file from sd card to regain root access. I have only flashed one ROM so I can't say 100% that this will happen all the time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk