Thunderbolt no internet?

droiddoesdo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I dont know how to change my phone to 3G only but i installed the MR2 i think and now i get no internet i am using 2.2.1 version with lightning rom 3.3.1 and how do you guys take snap shot of your phones? I could post my screen but i dont know how?

Thanks

dcviper

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Thundedrbolt no internet???

Okay, if I understand that rather convoluted sentence correctly, you are using the MR2 radio with a Froyo-based ROM, correct? If so, you'll have to revert the radio to a Froyo compatible radio, or install a Gingerbread ROM. So far as I've been able to gather, the MR2 does not work with Froyo.

Oh, and I use Shoot Me to take screen shots.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Upgrade to Lightning Rom 4.0. Its the Gingerbread version and works with the mr2 radio. Otherwise like mentioned 3.0 is a Froyo ROM and will not work with the radio you're using.

droiddoesdo

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Ok well that is my problem for all of them can you help me understand what roms go with what radios, sorry but its not clear to me thanks a Bunches! i am always trying to use different roms and some dont change anything, so i am lost to why this is happening.. like now while i was waiting for a reply I installed Ao5PTH30RY_V1.4X_AOS i dont know if i reboot is it gonna work correctly?

All I want is a fast stable phone and a little better battery life, i have been reading on making my own boot animation too, but i am not sure yet on that, and i saw that i can get a new welcome lock screen the thumb pull down thing that came with the phone is boring! Thanks for your help on this...

Last night i was stuck on the White screen it was just frozen there so i was up late figuring that out now i am understanding that i must of mixed some stuff to get that result...

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Ok well that is my problem for all of them can you help me understand what roms go with what radios, sorry but its not clear to me thanks a Bunches! i am always trying to use different roms and some dont change anything, so i am lost to why this is happening.. like now while i was waiting for a reply I installed Ao5PTH30RY_V1.4X_AOS i dont know if i reboot is it gonna work correctly?

All I want is a fast stable phone and a little better battery life, i have been reading on making my own boot animation too, but i am not sure yet on that, and i saw that i can get a new welcome lock screen the thumb pull down thing that came with the phone is boring! Thanks for your help on this...

Last night i was stuck on the White screen it was just frozen there so i was up late figuring that out now i am understanding that i must of mixed some stuff to get that result...

Your ultimate goal is to get up and running with a stable ROM and Radio... simply put if you want a Gingerbread ROM you must have a Gingerbread Radio... and a Froyo ROM requires a Froyo Radio.

If I were you I'd and you like the Lightning ROM you should so exactly what Cyber Warrior said and load Lightning ROM 4.0, which will work with your MR2 Gingerbread radio.

droiddoesdo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok i am going to start over i went back to a date that the phone worked! good thing i backedup! so now i can clear all downloads and start new ones so can you help me find these rom and radio i need i dont know why i cant figure out what i need i keep going to pages that dont read correctly like your saying lightening 4.0 i find 1.1 and how do i check my phone for the radio version and type?

thanks

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Check the link in my signature below.... it's a good list of the newer Gingerbread ROMs and Radios.... and I think there are some Froyo ROMs, but most of the newer stuff is going on with the Gingerbread ROMs.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Lightning rom 4.0 is in the second post of the thread on XDA. Basically any ROM that says its a Gingerbread ROM needs the MR2 radio. Pretty much all of the new ROMs are based off of GB.. all of the older ROMs are Froyo.
Read through this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...tore-install-roms-thunderbolt.html#post829088
And this one: http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...-mr2-compatible-rom-radio-mr1-after-root.html

When you're on the page of the ROM from the developer.. example: Lightning ROM.. it will saynin the post whether its based off of Gingerbread or not. The first post over on XDA for Lightning ROM version 3 is based off of Froyo. The second post is version 4 which is GB. The developer Dhemke explains all of this in the first sentence of the thread.

Which ROM are you looking to use? and i'll let you know which radio to use.

droiddoesdo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks for that but i did install the MR2 first then i rebooted and installed the ROM now it wont activate the phone it is stuck on that screen just sitting there trying to activate i see a "x" on my signals bars but i was able to install my key on my home wireless internet but that didnt help either so now what should i do about this not activating there is no other buttons or choices to select? thanks..

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded this one ThunderStickGB_RMOTA_1_5_6

That is a Gingerbread ROM.... so you will need to install a Gingerbread Radio right after you install the ROM to get your data to work.... install the ROM first, then...

Go to http://forums.androidcentral.com/thunderbolt-rooting-roms-hacks/97307-guide-upgrade-mr2-compatible-rom-radio-mr1-after-root.html and I'd recommend your download the Official OTA MR2 Radio.

To flash the radio, rename the zip to PG05IMG.zip if it's not already and place it on the root of your SD Card. Boot into Bootloader: power off your phone... Turn the phone back on by holding down the volume down rocker and the power button at the same time until the phone opens in bootloader. The zip should start running and updating the radio. Once done reboot the phone on and remove the PG05IMG.zip from your phone, or rename, or move it off the root of the sd card in another folder. If its not moved after the installation it will constantly keep trying to update the radio if you ever need to boot into bootloader again to get to recovery.

droiddoesdo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
yes i have rebooted manytimes it shows the boot animation and reboots i go into the clockworkmod to reload the radio zip and nothing is working do i wipe it again what do i choose do i load the radio first that is what i did ? I dont know what you mean by me haveing the battery door on i do have NO cover OFF if that is what you mean my battery cover is ON.. i have it plugged USB into my laptop here?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
First, did you check the MD5 Sum code of the Radio file you downloaded???

If so, then follow the directions I gave you above... you don't install the Radio through Recovery!!!

To flash the radio, rename the zip to PG05IMG.zip if it's not already and place it on the root of your SD Card. Boot into Bootloader: power off your phone... Turn the phone back on by holding down the volume down rocker and the power button at the same time until the phone opens in bootloader. The zip should start running and updating the radio. Once done reboot the phone on and remove the PG05IMG.zip from your phone, or rename, or move it off the root of the sd card in another folder. If its not moved after the installation it will constantly keep trying to update the radio if you ever need to boot into bootloader again to get to recovery.

droiddoesdo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
OK i did what you guys said The bootloader ran somethng it was real fast but i can not pick it form SD zip something ran , it is still giving me a X above the signal bars...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie