Revolutionary works flawlessly

sammy303

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my phone using revolutionary yesterday and it worked great. Upside is it does not wipe your phone and does not downgrade you. If you're going to root for the first time, I'd highly recommend using that tool instead of the auto root or adb method here.

It took me a long time to finally root, I didn't want to have to reinstall everything, but this method sold me.

BTW - I'm in no way associated with Revolutionary, just used it yesterday and it's a great tool. Plus, they were super helpful on IRC too.

Give it a try - http://revolutionary.io/

rob90262

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Good to know for some reason I always wanted to try that website but I'm already rooted so there's no point at this time

sammy303

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
How does revolutionary work?

You just download the app, download the drivers, and run the app and follow the instructions. It's easier than I thought it would be. Just read the instructions on the page and on the FAQs page. I had a problem where it did not recognize my beta key, so I went to the IRC. They helped me within minutes (Copy/Paste the key instead of typing it in) and it everything went smoothly after that. I was rooted within 20 min.

mjs1124

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Used it last night, worked great! My first time rooting, and it couldn't have been easier. Any questions watch the you tube video by nat3mil, it goes through step by step, and has the download links. took less than 20 min. Next to choose a new rom!

Drootz

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Revolutionary method is easy and great BUT.....

1 warning you might want to be aware of. So far I have not been able to find any instructions on how to Un-Root or be able to go back to stock using the revolutionary method. Everything I have found has said there wasn't a way to unroot. I am hoping I am wrong, but haven't found a way or post about it yet. If you find a way to return to stock after rooting using the revolutionary method please let me know.

I rooted my Tbolt the original way and had no issues, but just to save time and try it out I just rooted my wife's phone the other day using the revolutionary method before learning I couldn't unroot using this new method. I wish I had just used the original root method for the Just in case peace of mind.....

juju705

May 12, 2011
Visit site
My husband did both of ours the other day. It was kind of funny; I'd intended to do the autoroot, and so I'd spent a lot of time researching into it and watching youtube vids. Then as I was downloading the autoroot on my netbook oh-so-slowly, (all our other computers are 64 bit and I didn't want to mess with that) my husband grabbed my phone and had it rooted using Revolutionary in less than twenty minutes. Autoroot was still downloading. LOL.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Over at thunderbolt fourms I read a post on how to unroot thunderblot with GB using revolutionary. I'll try to get a link.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sammy303

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for posting the link anthony - no reason not to use this method now :)

BTW - yesterday was my first trial of the battery after rooting and making some tweaks. I was able to get a full 24hours out of it before it needed to be charged (8%). Not bad considering my previous best was about 17hours.

Goofypook

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I rooted while I was at work, and I am S-off. I got to the part where I had the opportunity to download and flash clockwork. I had to decline because I dont have wifi access at work. I still need to flash clockwork and superuser, how do i go about this....

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Anybody want to be the guinea pig who unroots with revolutionary? If it is equally easy and proven to really return to stock I might have to finally take the plunge.

I just read the directions for unrooting. Way over my head. I'll wait to see if there is an easier method later. This is still beta.

I was surprised about the need to install a bootloader. I thought you needed bootloader to install any custom Rom? Obviously I'm way over my head here - but u guys knew that already! Lol.

You mean I could root and still have stock sense with all my apps still working, backup everything which only rooters can do, then flash whatever roms I want with the security of returning to stock but rooted?

Last edited:

PapaSmurf6768

Themer
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I rooted while I was at work, and I am S-off. I got to the part where I had the opportunity to download and flash clockwork. I had to decline because I dont have wifi access at work. I still need to flash clockwork and superuser, how do i go about this....

Both problems can be solved via the market. Download rom manager, then open that and flash cwm recovery. Superuser is also an app from the market

Sent via Tapatalk on my TBolt

jtl

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting the link anthony - no reason not to use this method now :)

BTW - yesterday was my first trial of the battery after rooting and making some tweaks. I was able to get a full 24hours out of it before it needed to be charged (8%). Not bad considering my previous best was about 17hours.
What tweaks did you do!?!?!?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Both problems can be solved via the market. Download rom manager, then open that and flash cwm recovery. Superuser is also an app from the market

Sent via Tapatalk on my TBolt

Does this mean that any custom roms you decide to flash would be installed through Rom manager as well. There are often warnings not to try to install roms this way.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc