[ROM] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta VIII [8-24-11]

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

[MOD] CRT Animations for Gingeritis 3D Beta VIII... possible fix for answer call issue.​

Features
  • Odex rooted rom based on the 2.11.605.0 Gingerbread Build for the HTC Thunderbolt (Not that ****ty 2.01.605.0 Leak)
  • Kernel by Ziggy (This thing Flys! Thanks zigs) (Please note: YOU can not include this kernel in your rom without the explicit permission of ziggy, so do not rip the kernel out and repackage it)
  • Zipaligned
  • 4 in 1 Reboot
  • Bloat free
  • Fully Optimized for best performance (I guarantee this is the fastest gingersense rom on the thunderbolt)
  • Much much more

Included Apps
  • Facebook
  • Adobe Reader
  • Google Music
  • Spare Parts
  • Netflix
  • Google Docs
  • Gmaps
  • theMikMik Forum app
  • Wireless Tether
  • Maxthon Browser
  • MyBackup Root

Changelog
August 24th v1.0 Beta VIII:
  • Updated to latest base 2.11.605.0
  • New Ziggy Kernel With Lagfree Governor (Use SetCpu to overclock and play with the governors)
  • Enlarged MikMik image in app drawer
  • Added theMikMik Forum App and MyBackup Root
  • Updated Facebook, Maxthon and Maps
  • Fixed lockscreen strings
  • Set default governor to lagfree

Known Issues
Voicemail notifications

Disclaimer
Please remember that I will not be held responsible for anything that happens to you phone. FLASHING THIS ROM WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE
A Full Wipe is REQUIRED before flashing this rom. If you choose not to do this (for who knows what reason) please do not post any problems you are having!

Please note that because all apks have been optimized and rebuilt for maximum efficiency, themeing carelessly will break these optimizations

Last edited:

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
VI is working so well for me but I guess I have to atleast give this one a go and check it out. Maybe flash it tonight along with newer radio and test run a few days.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
loved BAMF but Chingy's/ziggy's kernels are insane.
flashing this as soon as i can.
Beta VII still had the 'no answer' call issue so hopefully this wipes that out completely

Last edited:

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It is such a sparce problem though. Only ever happened to me once. Time will tell.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I read at least one on TheMikMik that said they are not seeing any issue with answering calls. :cool:

yes!
of course i only had it happen 3 times out of the past X Weeks, and also sometimes the phone wouldn't wake up--the proximity sensor wouldn't kick in and bring back up the screen.
one time was while i was attempting to verify my identity to a credit bureau & i'm sure they found it suspicious when i couldn't get the dialpad to come up (for a verified touch-tone) and had to tell them i'd call back...
yeah. that was a little frustrating :)

ah...i wish they'd include a FileExplorer/file manager of some sort in their ROM's.

Last edited:

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Question.. When it states a full wipe is the "wipe data and cache" "wipe davik cache" in ROM manager good enough. Not a factory reset right??? Im having a brain fart. Thanks.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Question.. When it states a full wipe is the "wipe data and cache" "wipe davik cache" in ROM manager good enough. Not a factory reset right??? Im having a brain fart. Thanks.

i believe all 3 is suggested & works best esp when coming from a non-Gingeritis ROM, but always safest to do all 3
data
cache
factory reset
:)

smiley=optional

i wipe all 3 three times just to make sure i have a clean install on every ROM. overkill? possibly. but i know if i find an issue after 3 full wipes that it's a ROM issue and not a phone issue (assuming the MD5 matches)

as always--if i'm mistaken, please correct. mistakes=human. i'm not a robot yet.

Last edited:

cnuraptor

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
loved BAMF but Chingy's/ziggy's kernels are insane.
flashing this as soon as i can.
Beta VII still had the 'no answer' call issue so hopefully this wipes that out completely

IMPORTANT!

So I've had this exact call issue. I've tried every single gingerbread ROM on the site with no resolution until today. I've tried all newest versions and found the fix today (app related not radio or ROM related in my case) But first, this is what I was experiencing for months: It only happens when the screen is locked. When the screen is locked, The call comes but instead of showing the Sense 3.0 lock screen with the draggable answer and ignore button, it would show the standard "in call" screen with the "end call" red button. Keep in mind if your phone is not locked it will show the 2.0 Sense answer screen and be able to answer calls most of the time.

Only one thing fixed this issue: Removing WCPT (World Call Place & Time) I found this app to be very popular but also to not work with any Gingerbread Sense ROM in my experience. Now that I've removed it I've tested the call answering capability carefully and ALL issues are resolved! Finally!

I just wanted to post this fix so that those who have been dealing with this issue since the first Sense 3.0 ROM port would have something they could try. Hope this helps!

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hows this one compared to the Rom from the beginning of August (VII).I have everything loaded up and running nicely and dont want to redo it all again (unless its a major update lol)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hows this one compared to the Rom from the beginning of August (VII).I have everything loaded up and running nicely and dont want to redo it all again (unless its a major update lol)

Please read Post #1:

Changelog
August 24th v1.0 Beta VIII:
  • Updated to latest base 2.11.605.0
  • New Ziggy Kernel With Lagfree Governor (Use SetCpu to overclock and play with the governors)
  • Enlarged MikMik image in app drawer
  • Added theMikMik Forum App and MyBackup Root
  • Updated Facebook, Maxthon and Maps
  • Fixed lockscreen strings
  • Set default governor to lagfree

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
yes I seen that. But text explaining whats all changed is alittle different then real experience from people who have used VII and VIII. Guess I was just asking opinions from people who have used both,which they prefer

Hrm I wonder if I can pull the kernal out of the rom and use it with VII..Time to research

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
yes I seen that. But text explaining whats all changed is alittle different then real experience from people who have used VII and VIII. Guess I was just asking opinions from people who have used both,which they prefer

Hrm I wonder if I can pull the kernal out of the rom and use it with VII..Time to research

I just finished loading VIII... and I've had VI loaded, and have been using VII for about a week before this version came out.... and not seen one issue with ANY version I've loaded. I like Chingy's work... and can find nothing to complain about... but I'll need to test more... I doubt too many people will find too many things in less than a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze