Installing Liquid Thunderbread

nlombardi3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
So I just rooted and am looking to install a ROM, and Liquid Thunderbread looks pretty good, but the link from xda doesn't give much info on how to install it.

- Do I need anything in the link next to 'IMOSEYON KERNALS'?
- Do I need the MR2 radio?
- Is there anything special I need to do (wipe data, etc) before installing?

I've looked over the How-to sticky for installing ROM's, but I just haven't found much talking about kernals vs ROM's, when I need radio's, and anything else specific to LTB before I dive in. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the xda link:
[ROM][08.06.11] Liquid Thunderbread v2.6 Release - xda-developers

CMRobinson

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Do every kind of wipe you can when installing ROMS to eliminate the chance of some things not working well with each other.

I'm not really sure how to tell if you have the radios or not, but make sure you have he proper froyo/gb radios because the radio has to match the ROM. That's what I've learned cruising this board so far, I may root soon myself, still weighing the options.

justo1013

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
So I just rooted and am looking to install a ROM, and Liquid Thunderbread looks pretty good, but the link from xda doesn't give much info on how to install it.

- Do I need anything in the link next to 'IMOSEYON KERNALS'?
- Do I need the MR2 radio?
- Is there anything special I need to do (wipe data, etc) before installing?

I've looked over the How-to sticky for installing ROM's, but I just haven't found much talking about kernals vs ROM's, when I need radio's, and anything else specific to LTB before I dive in. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the xda link:
[ROM][08.06.11] Liquid Thunderbread v2.6 Release - xda-developers
which root method did you use? and yes you are going to need an MR2 or later radio for that ROM to work. There is a sticky at the top of the forum on how to upgrade to a new radio but i will post it here http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...-mr2-compatible-rom-radio-mr1-after-root.html .. i currently have the newest radios from the most recent GB leak, you can flash those if you want or you can just start with the OFFICIAL OTA MR2 RADIO... when you install a ROM reboot into recovery > wipe data, wipe cache, go to advanced > wipe dalvik cache.. i do all of these 2 times each! then go to mounts and storage (above advanced) and format/system... then go back >install zip from sd > choose zip > find where you have the rom saved and install... give it a couple of mins, it will finish installing > Go Back > Reboot... after you create/login to ur google account leave the phone and let it settle for about 20 mins or so, that way there is no lag with the ROM

Last edited:

justo1013

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
This is a Gingerbread ROM also btw... and no you dont need the kernel links, (yet) at least... since this is the first rom that you are flashing i would say that you just flash it and use it for a bit to see how you like it... if you decide that the battery isnt up to your standards or you want to overclock it, etc. then thats when you flash kernels, and fyi flashing a kernel is basically the same way as flashing a ROM except YOU DON'T WIPE DATA... JUST WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK CACHE... and im not sure how much you reading you have done on ROMS and what not so sorry if im repeating something you know but this is an AOSP ROM and it doesnt have HTC Sense, just letting you know in case you like sense. Happy Flashing!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey