No Mobile Data (3G or 4G)

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
WiFi works just fine. However when I want to use Mobile 4G Data I'm getting 5 bars (out of 6), but not on 4G. Only for my service connection.

I'm running BAMF Sense 3.0 RC4.9; has been installed and running almost perfectly for about the last week and a half until last night.

- My 4G radio is turned on through the BAMF Toolkit
- 2.0 Radio (have had since the I installed 3.0 RC 3 quite a while ago)
- WiFi is turned off
- Mobile Data is turned on

Just started having this issue last night when I rebooted my phone before bed. Data was working fine before that. Am I just missing something, or should I go ahead and load a backup?

EDIT: My problem is gone. Full service is back, and 4G is flying through my phone once again. I can't pinpoint the solution, but my suggestion would be to install this radio (below). After installing it, I got my data connectivity back, but only after about an hour and a half AFTER the radio was installed, so I'm hesitant to say this is the fix. Definitely worth a shot though. Here's the link.

[Radio] [Leak] [7-17-11]2.07.605.0 Radio New Gingerbread RUU

Thanks for that, fatboy!

Last edited:

ffcody7

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that my phone would act weird a few days into a rom. My phone would lose (drop) the data connection down to 1x. I have noticed this with 3 different sense rom's (gingeritis 3d, das bamf, and Zeus skyraider). I'm trying an AOSP rom now to see how it reacts. Right now I'm running DroidTh3ory's ShiftASOP.

Other than that the only thing I ever notice to help was to restart the phone or turn off your mobile data and turn it back on. Good luck.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
This is the same issue I am having. Latest 2.11 GB RUU leak (rom/radio) combo.

Yet Open Signal (app) sees a LTE signal.....

Also saw this on the 2.10 GB RUU leak as well. Did not see on the first 2.07 RUU leak.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
There are a couple different radio's that were called MR2... one early, and then what was called Official. You might want to try loading a different radio since that is the easiest... maybe Chingy's [Radio] [Leak] [7-17-11]2.xx.xxx.x Radio New Gingerbread RUU, which has worked very good for me in the past on a lot of different ROMs.

Besides it's quick and easy to load a new Radio.

That download link in broken in the thread you linked to. :(

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
odds are your phone is FUBAR untill otherwise. mine lost all data i think last tuesday (i guess there was an outage that day to)and i haven't had any mobile data sence then. full bars but nothing in normal eHRPD. if i go to rev.A i can get 1x sometimes and occasionally 3G. i did get one 4g spike the otherday on a certain mode (dont remember) that lasted 30 seconds or so. but other than that i have no EVDO, LTE, CDMA. have done everything at this point. full wipe, reflash radio, flash differant radios, tried in and out of airplane mode, reboots, hard reboots, leaving sim, and battery out for 10 minutes. everything exept going to verizon to get a new sim card witch i think it is. but scared to take my GB bamf 3.0 4.9 n there to get a sim. dont want to revert to stock and unroot. plus its a hastle and you can mess your phone up with a security message, etc. if a Sim dose not fix it. than its a hardware issue that is caused by either GB, das bamf, flashed radio's, or verizons network destroying phones.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
odds are your phone is FUBAR untill otherwise. mine lost all data i think last tuesday (i guess there was an outage that day to)and i haven't had any mobile data sence then. full bars but nothing in normal eHRPD. if i go to rev.A i can get 1x sometimes and occasionally 3G. i did get one 4g spike the otherday on a certain mode (dont remember) that lasted 30 seconds or so. but other than that i have no EVDO, LTE, CDMA. have done everything at this point. full wipe, reflash radio, flash differant radios, tried in and out of airplane mode, reboots, hard reboots, leaving sim, and battery out for 10 minutes. everything exept going to verizon to get a new sim card witch i think it is. but scared to take my GB bamf 3.0 4.9 n there to get a sim. dont want to revert to stock and unroot. plus its a hastle and you can mess your phone up with a security message, etc. if a Sim dose not fix it. than its a hardware issue that is caused by either GB, das bamf, flashed radio's, or verizons network destroying phones.
Well I'm gonna try the Radio now that I'm home from work. I'll update when I finish installing it. ~10-15 minutes.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It's not letting me install the radio through CWR. I have it in there as the right name and everything, but it aborts trying to install it right away after I confirm that I want to perform the installation. Ugh :-\

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It's not letting me install the radio through CWR. I have it in there as the right name and everything, but it aborts trying to install it right away after I confirm that I want to perform the installation. Ugh :-\

You flash the Radio through Hboot. not CWR

what radio are you flashing anyway?

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

jtl

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I think that I am having similar same issues. I live near Columbus, Ohio and have always had great 4G coverage. I decided to root last week and go with das BAMF and the latest (2.11) radios. I had great 4G still and notice improvements all around. However, starting last night, I have been continuously dropping my WIFI connection and, more importantly, I have only been getting 3G. I get 4G when I disable mobile data and then bring it back...then after a minute, it turns back to 3G. I checked the LTE on/off in the dasBAMF settings and noticed that it is set to the LTE/CDMA, so I think I am OK.

Any thoughts? I have tried re-installing the radios and I am still stuck!

**Update:
I switched the mode to LTE only and it works. It appears that it is having trouble choosing 3G or 4G. Any thoughts? Sorry, I am so new to this!

Last edited:

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
LOL. Yeah let me know if that actually does anything because I'm going to go back to stock froyo tommorow and go in for a SIM card replacement worst case senario.

Well that didn't seem to fix the issue right away. However about 10 minutes ago my data just... came back (I installed the radio almost 2 hours prior). It was only my phone that had issues too. I know another 4G user that lives nearby and he was fine, so it wasn't a Verizon issue.

To the post above this, I tried switching my 4G off, 3G only, I tried switching my entire radio off and back on, I tried pretty much everything there was to toggle and change but it didn't help, including a battery/SIM pull for 15 minutes

My data is completely back though. that was almost exactly a 24 hour downtime for my individual phone. Odd, to say the least. So the radio may have helped, I can't answer that.

But my personal problem is fixed. I won't change the title to "[Solved]:" like I normally do though since other people are still having the same issues and we can't pinpoint a fix to those issues as of now.

I'll edit the link to that radio into my OP, just as a suggestion for anyone else having the same problem. Good luck guys, and I'll be following whether you solve it or not! :D

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well that didn't seem to fix the issue right away. However about 10 minutes ago my data just... came back (I installed the radio almost 2 hours prior). It was only my phone that had issues too. I know another 4G user that lives nearby and he was fine, so it wasn't a Verizon issue.

To the post above this, I tried switching my 4G off, 3G only, I tried switching my entire radio off and back on, I tried pretty much everything there was to toggle and change but it didn't help, including a battery/SIM pull for 15 minutes

My data is completely back though. that was almost exactly a 24 hour downtime for my individual phone. Odd, to say the least. So the radio may have helped, I can't answer that.

But my personal problem is fixed. I won't change the title to "[Solved]:" like I normally do though since other people are still having the same issues and we can't pinpoint a fix to those issues as of now.

I'll edit the link to that radio into my OP, just as a suggestion for anyone else having the same problem. Good luck guys, and I'll be following whether you solve it or not! :D

That's Great. I'll try that radio tomorrow or one of the similar ones and give it a few hours. If it doesn't come back I'm going back to froyo and going to go get a new sim. I have tried the older MR2 and MR2.5 radios. And am currently on the MR2 OTA radio. I haven't tried a GB radio yet so I will do that tomorrow.