No Service with CM7-1.7

markewallace

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I got a new Thunderbolt today, rooted it in no time, and just used Rom Manager to flash it to CM7.1.0-Rc1.7, downloaded right out of Rom Manager.

It's working fine so far, with one big problem that the phone can't find a service carrier (I'm on Verizon). Was I supposed to do something else along the way? Is there a quick fix for this?

Thanks,

Mark

Lillypad2000

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Flash the MR2 or MR2.5 radio and you will be good to go. You will have to transfer it via your pc or wifi though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You need to flash a Gingerbread Radio... once you find which one you want to flash then you can do the following to install it:

To flash the radio, rename the zip to PG05IMG.zip if it's not already and place it on the root of your SD Card. Boot into Bootloader: power off your phone... Turn the phone back on by holding down the volume down rocker and the power button at the same time until the phone opens in bootloader. The zip should start running and updating the radio. Once done reboot the phone on and remove the PG05IMG.zip from your phone, or rename, or move it off the root of the sd card in another folder. If its not moved after the installation it will constantly keep trying to update the radio if you ever need to boot into bootloader again to get to recovery.

You can find some Gingerbread radio's by click on the link below... search the page for the word radio... look closely at Post #4.

markewallace

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
You need to flash a Gingerbread Radio... once you find which one you want to flash then you can do the following to install it:

Yeah, that did it for me. Thanks. I actually (just to play around) went first to Gingeritis to see if it would fix the problem, but when it didn't I flashed the MR 2.5 radio and it worked fine.

With all of the radios out there, how do I know which is the "best" to use, be it with Gingeritis, CM7, or whatever?

- Mark

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that did it for me. Thanks. I actually (just to play around) went first to Gingeritis to see if it would fix the problem, but when it didn't I flashed the MR 2.5 radio and it worked fine.

With all of the radios out there, how do I know which is the "best" to use, be it with Gingeritis, CM7, or whatever?

- Mark

You need to read the main postings on either RootzWiki or XDA Forum to see what the programmers say... in the case of CM7 they specifically say: "RC1.7 FOR MR2/MR2.5 RADIOS Uploaded 8/31 9:33PM"... but reading the thread over on RootzWiki others have said they are using the newest Radios... personally I'm running CM7 with Chingy's Radio (2.07).

Most others will work with any newer Radio... I've used and played with many using Gingeritis 3D, including the newest 2.11 radio... I have not seen one Gingerbread radio not work with Gingeritis 3D.

Try them out for youself... if they don't work, just delete them and move on to another... if you like it keep in on your SD card, just rename it to something that will make sense to you... like I rename MR2 radio from the PG05IMG.zip after I load it to something like MR2.PG05IMG.zip

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have flashed the same ROM. Does anyone have problems with the weather app? It thinks I'm in Paris, I'm in California

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have flashed the same ROM. Does anyone have problems with the weather app? It thinks I'm in Paris, I'm in California

I have not seen that issue in this version... you might have to go into the weather and remove the Geolocation, and manually put in your location.

Something you might want to check.... turn on GPS, open the Navigation app... see if you can get GPS to lock on... if you do not get a lock on your location your might have another bug... you will have to make a backup of your ROM using Recovery, then flash a Sense ROM get a lock on your location using the Navigation app, then leaving that on, use Recovery and flash back to your CM7 ROM using the backup.

My weather app has been working just find since I flashed CM7 rc1.7, but I have seen this in rc1.5.

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have not seen that issue in this version... you might have to go into the weather and remove the Geolocation, and manually put in your location.

Something you might want to check.... turn on GPS, open the Navigation app... see if you can get GPS to lock on... if you do not get a lock on your location your might have another bug... you will have to make a backup of your ROM using Recovery, then flash a Sense ROM get a lock on your location using the Navigation app, then leaving that on, use Recovery and flash back to your CM7 ROM using the backup.

My weather app has been working just find since I flashed CM7 rc1.7, but I have seen this in rc1.5.

It's weird. My Google maps find my location and even which way my phone is facing correctly, but weather still can't find correct location. Thanks, I have it on manual location right now. I just think that's weird that it doesn't work when my GPS is fine

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
It's weird. My Google maps find my location and even which way my phone is facing correctly, but weather still can't find correct location. Thanks, I have it on manual location right now. I just think that's weird that it doesn't work when my GPS is fine

Actually there is a difference between the GPS on Google Maps and the GPS of the Navigation app... the GPS for Google Maps can work, while the GPS for the Navigation app will not be working... nothing like not being able to find an address when you are out and away and then find out it's not working.

I'm glad your weather app works, but I'd still start the Navigation app to be sure you do have that working.

Reactions: Jeenyus

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Actually there is a difference between the GPS on Google Maps and the GPS of the Navigation app... the GPS for Google Maps can work, while the GPS for the Navigation app will not be working... nothing like not being able to find an address when you are out and away and then find out it's not working.

I'm glad your weather app works, but I'd still start the Navigation app to be sure you do have that working.

Thanks for your help. I just tested and my navigation correctly found he staples center and the route was also right. I'm just a bit bummed that the weather can't find location because I use beautiful Widgets and travel

Update: apparently the navigation test reset it, it works great now. Thanks

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I just tested and my navigation correctly found he staples center and the route was also right. I'm just a bit bummed that the weather can't find location because I use beautiful Widgets and travel

Update: apparently the navigation test reset it, it works great now. Thanks

I'm glad that fixed it... hopefully forever, but it's good to be aware of it. I know the programmers are aware of the issue... and I have Beautiful Widgets as well.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante