Need some help

TBolt55

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
So Im still new to flashing roms and what not and I've been trying a few out with no problems until today. I flashed a cm7 rom to check it out and when I was done exploring I tried to flash back to a previous one that I had backed up. Now whenever I get to the recovery screen and attempt to get the recovery flashed it says successful and to reboot I reboot and it gets stuck at the white htc screen everytime and wont boot any further, is there anything I can do or am I screwed? Thanks for any advice

TBolt55

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Scratch that I have no idea what happened but I messed around with all of my backups for a while and eventually, luckily for me, one got through and it booted *wipes sweat off brow*

tfrank10

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have it fixed but I had a similar issue once where I couldn't get past the white HTC screen. Someone recommended using an older version of clockwork recovery (all the way at the bottom in ROM Manager). That worked like a charm.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

TBolt55

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have it fixed but I had a similar issue once where I couldn't get past the white HTC screen. Someone recommended using an older version of clockwork recovery (all the way at the bottom in ROM Manager). That worked like a charm.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

I'll have to check into that, that may just be whats causing the problem from getting to certain backups. Im positive that I had to download an update for it sometime last night before using so that could definitely be the reason thanks.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I had used CWR version 3.0.2.5, but there have been some updated versions of CWR recently including a newer version I see just today (5.0.1.0), which I'm going to have to try out... maybe sometime this weekend I will try to check out if this version and see if it works with older backs.