Best Gingerbread Sense 3.0 ROM?

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Basically what the title asks, I want to know the best Gingerbread Sense 3.0 ROM out there, I've looked at the lists of ROMs but I want the opinion of the users. I'd like a combination of least problems/quickest.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Best is very subjective... I prefer Gingeritis 3D, but would like to try out Das BAMF 3.0 once they release a new version because the current rc4.9 version has been out since 7/14/11.

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I love bamf sense 3.0 rc 4.9.

There is no more work on this series though as they have moved onto uber bamf which allows some mixing and matching of sense 2.1 and 3.0.

Uber bamf is still in the preview stage, and I've had some hiccups with preview3. So I'll wait for an uber bamf rc to come out or until the preview is based on the ota gb.

In the mean time, sense 3.0 rc 4.9 works very well and is gorgeous. Team bamf also has a good development community, easy to find mods, lots of ppl to answer questions.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I've tried out just about every ROM released for this phone, but I always end up returning to Gingeritis. I'm on CM7 right now, but I'll probably switch back to G3D today. I used to be a BAMF guy, but until they have a good 3.0/3.5 ROM I'll hold off.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I love bamf sense 3.0 rc 4.9.

There is no more work on this series
though as they have moved onto uber bamf which allows some mixing and matching of sense 2.1 and 3.0.

Uber bamf is still in the preview stage, and I've had some hiccups with preview3. So I'll wait for an uber bamf rc to come out or until the preview is based on the ota gb.

In the mean time, sense 3.0 rc 4.9 works very well and is gorgeous. Team bamf also has a good development community, easy to find mods, lots of ppl to answer questions.

"no more work on this series".... a series that is still in RC (release candidate) and not fully released... and no more work is to be done with it!?!?!? :confused:

I guess I was hoping either more work to finish what they were working on, or evolve it with Sense 3.5... or something!!!

I guess that is why I'll go back to Gingeritis 3D after using CM7 for a while longer.

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So what I've gathered is Gingeritis is the way to go for now, until Sense 3.5 comes out. Speaking of which, I didn't even know it was set to come out soon.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So what I've gathered is Gingeritis is the way to go for now, until Sense 3.5 comes out. Speaking of which, I didn't even know it was set to come out soon.

I'm sure the way most ROM developers go they will all have some type of Senses 3.5 version to come out soon... including Gingeritis. And if and when you see something like Sense 3.5 it will not take long for the development community to get it and adapt it into their ROMs.

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
"no more work on this series".... a series that is still in RC (release candidate) and not fully released... and no more work is to be done with it!?!?!? :confused:

I guess I was hoping either more work to finish what they were working on, or evolve it with Sense 3.5... or something!!!

I guess that is why I'll go back to Gingeritis 3D after using CM7 for a while longer.

Well I figure that the guys at bamf figure that anything you could find in bamf sense, you could now find in uber bamf, so why work on two roms that do the same thing?

I'm not real excited about sense 3.5...the two buttons at the bottom are awful.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Well I figure that the guys at bamf figure that anything you could find in bamf sense, you could now find in uber bamf, so why work on two roms that do the same thing?

I'm not real excited about sense 3.5...the two buttons at the bottom are awful.

So you are saying the natural transition was from Das BAMF 3.0 rc4.9 to Uber BAMF preview 1.... really??? Sorry, but say so many bugs and problems with preview 1 that I left after less than one day... and considering they are not in an RC status yet. What version is Uber in now... Preview 2, 3... the threads don't even give a date on when the last "Preview" is, or a version number???

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
No, I didn't say that...that is why I am still on sense 3.0rc 4.9...generally we don't see developers come out with final releases, there is always improvement to be made. As far as uber bamf goes...it is currently in preview version 3,I don't know how long its been out, but I haven't had great success with it, that's why I said I would wait for a rc version.

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
There is a camera fix for gingeritis as well that we were referring to.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

I'm pretty sure it is just a general camera fix because what I meant is I downloaded the camera fix from the BAMF people for my currently-still stock gingerbread ROM, not that it matters much.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
So you are saying the natural transition was from Das BAMF 3.0 rc4.9 to Uber BAMF preview 1.... really??? Sorry, but say so many bugs and problems with preview 1 that I left after less than one day... and considering they are not in an RC status yet. What version is Uber in now... Preview 2, 3... the threads don't even give a date on when the last "Preview" is, or a version number???

Per what the BAMF guys have said, there will be no more developement on the Sense 3.0 series because these features are already included with the "uber" line of ROMs, along with the ability to use Sense 2.x features if desired.

Personally, i still prefer the Sense 3.0 rc4.9 over the uber preview, but yes...according to them that is the progression their ROMs are gonna take.

There is also ADR's side protect, bamf 2.4, which mainly has sense 2 elements, but does have the 3.0 weather and lockscreen. It's a pretty good ROM as well.

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to flash a new radio when using Gingeritis 3D? I have the OTA for the MR2 on the phone now, is that the correct one? When they say you need to wipe before installing a new ROM does that mean a factory wipe of the phone or a data wipe in CWM? Is there anything else I need to know before I install Gingeritis 3D?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I am partial to the newest Gingeritis rom not the 3d. Also, I am using droidth3ory's new shiftsense 1.4 rom and it is working wonderfully too.

Sent from my rooted Iconia using Tapatalk

Reactions: tfrank10