Camera stopped working

Goofypook

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Anybody have any issues with the Camera suddenly not working? Not sure why or what I did, but noticed today it wont boot up? Even tried downloading one and it didnt work either?????

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, had the same problem today as well. Still running Gingeritis 3D VI. Camera has worked fine for some time, but today when I launch the camera app, the screen goes black, then about 5 seconds later, goes back to app menu. Same with camcorder. Barcode scanner reports a problem with camera. Mirror app doesn't access the FFC. Rebooted, battery pulls, but no change. Was coming here to ask the question, but saw someone is having same issue. Hopefully someone knows a solution.

Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm running the 2.11RUU leak, and came here to look at going back to rooting to see if it fixed the problem, but i now see that rooted roms are having issues. Any chance the Gingeritis 3D VI is running off the 2.11 leak? just wondering if it may be a problem with that base

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm running radio 2.0.01.76.0703_2r. As I mentioned, this ROM has worked fine for me for over a month. Only issues I've had was the lack of voicemail notification (fixed using Google Voice), and the occasional bug where you can't answer a call. Since I haven't seen that one fixed, I haven't bothered with the updates to this point. Seems odd that the camera just fails on a ROM that has worked fine with the camera for some time now

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Same happened to me, there's a thread showing how to fix it by changing the date to august 1st. but I want a perm fix

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't download from mikmik anywhere else I can get this from?

Nevermind found this over at xda

FIX:Camera & Google Talk

This fixed both my Camera and Google Talk that stopped working in Sense ROMS om 08-31-11.

FIX:
1. Go to Settings and select Date & Time.
2. Un check Automatic
3. Change the time to 08-01-11
4. Go and open your camera (it should work now)
5. Now you can go back and check Automatic in the Time & Date Setting

Give Credit to Mzimand

Worked like a charm!

Last edited:

markewallace

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
FIX:
1. Go to Settings and select Date & Time.
2. Un check Automatic
3. Change the time to 08-01-11
4. Go and open your camera (it should work now)
5. Now you can go back and check Automatic in the Time & Date Setting

This should be obvious, but it should be "Change the date to 8-01-11."

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
oddly enough,
my brother had this happen to his phone the other day.
so i flashed Gingeritis 3DB8, still didn't work.
looked @ the camera apk, was showing "0.0KB" along with a ton of other files showing 0.0kb.
assumed it was a bad wipe, so re-wiped multiple times, reflashed. still no files.
gonna try this .zip file fix & hope it works.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
oddly enough,
my brother had this happen to his phone the other day.
so i flashed Gingeritis 3DB8, still didn't work.
looked @ the camera apk, was showing "0.0KB" along with a ton of other files showing 0.0kb.
assumed it was a bad wipe, so re-wiped multiple times, reflashed. still no files.
gonna try this .zip file fix & hope it works.

Flashing the zip work for me so I'm assuming you will have the same result :)

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
its funny how all our cameras stopped working around the same date. mine worked friday, but went to use it sunday it was gone. like the file wasnt there, downloaded from MikMik working fine now

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It was reported that this was caused because of a out of date authenticated file and this is why overriding the libOlaEngine.so library file with the updated file worked.. the file must expired on 09-01-2011 and this caused the camera from function or any apps that is using the file..

Kathy Rowland

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes, had the same problem today as well. Still running Gingeritis 3D VI. Camera has worked fine for some time, but today when I launch the camera app, the screen goes black, then about 5 seconds later, goes back to app menu. Same with camcorder. Barcode scanner reports a problem with camera. Mirror app doesn't access the FFC. Rebooted, battery pulls, but no change. Was coming here to ask the question, but saw someone is having same issue. Hopefully someone knows a solution.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463