Battery killer 4g radio or display?

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
When looking at my battery stats I notice that display is always the biggest drain on battery. I usually run in 4g. Does a rom matter than when it comes to display, if you use the phone med to heavy. For instance a display time of two hours, not withstanding the rom will kill the battery fast. Does a rom that runs off asop or gb when NOT being used make a difference? So far the best battery I have gotten is from gingiritis 3d vi.

Currently I am testing uber bamf 3 and it's not coming close to gngeritis 3d and ginger has more graphics 3d stuff etc in terms of eating away the battery life.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Trying out different ROMs is part of finding out what works best for YOU... battery life is a very personal experience. How I use my device is always going to be different than how you or anyone else uses their device. If it was not we would all be using the same ROM. I've used a number of ROMs... including a number of different versions of most all of them as well... CM7, Liquid Thunderbread, Das BAMF, Uber BAMF, Gingeritis 3D... and a number of different Radios.

And most popular AOSP ROMs are Gingerbread, so I'm not really sure what the following question was asking:
Does a rom that runs off asop or gb when NOT being used make a difference?

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I guess the question that I was asking was if your going to use your phone heavily ( throughout the day about 2 hours on the display time) does it really matter whether your using a ASOP/ GB rom? Someone told me in an earlier post that all the 3D elements seem to eat away more on the battery when you use them. ASOP and GB rom function differently when you shut off the display if your using 4G?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I guess the question that I was asking was if your going to use your phone heavily ( throughout the day about 2 hours on the display time) does it really matter whether your using a ASOP/ GB rom? Someone told me in an earlier post that all the 3D elements seem to eat away more on the battery when you use them. ASOP and GB rom function differently when you shut off the display if your using 4G?

I'm still confused... I think you are asking if Android Open Source Project (AOSP) ROMs and Gingerbread ROMs function differently when you shut off the display if your using 4G... the part I'm confused with is AOSP ROMs are Gingerbread ROMs... maybe you are asking about AOSP ROMs vs Sense ROMs???

The only 3D ROMs I know of are Sense ROMs like Gingeritis 3D, which I think works very well and does a great job managing battery life... but I'm sure if you have a bunch of Sense Widgets on your screens and continually go from screen to screen it will refresh those widgets and eat up more of your battery than if you were using a AOSP ROM that does not have that many Widgets, or at least similar widgets that are not as graphically intense as the Sense versions.

But ultimately I can not talk on how you use your device... only how I use my device. So it's up to you to find what ROM works best for you. It's good to have choices!!!! :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz