when i wipe data in recovery, or try to create a nandroid through ROM MANAGER it says "sd-ext not found" or whatever and skips that part... is this important? is it supposed to say that? because i dont remember it ever saying that before, but i could be wrong... if its not supposed to be like that how do i fix it?... any help or response is greatly appreciated.
    09-11-2011 07:18 PM
    Yes, it's ok... it will do no harm to continue the update process.

I believe (but don't do it myself), you would have to format the SD card, which would wipe all your data on your SD card... anyways, you'd have to format your SD card and create a partition... you can use ROM Manager to do this... but like I'm trying to say you don't need it, nor worry about this message.
    justo1013 and tfrank10 like this.
    09-11-2011 07:26 PM
    Due to the way the default drives map, /mnt/sd-ext is the standard mount for an SD card on devices that also have a block of INTERNAL media storage (which the Thunderbolt does not have).

On devices with internal media storage, that partition is usually mounted as /mnt/sdcard (i.e. default location for app data storage and media), and any extra SD storage gets mounted as /mnt/sd-ext. Since the Thunderbolt does not have internal media storage, the SD card is mounted as "sdcard" and there is no "sd-ext"....so the message you are seeing regarding this mount is perfectly normal on the Thunderbolt.

Droid 3 and the Bionic are examples of phone that do have internal media storage. On these devices, the SD card is mounted as /mnt/sd-ext.
    09-12-2011 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD