Please help! Can't get into recovery, won't boot

jdeshong

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a radio file on my SD root and I was about to flash a new rom & radio and I wiped everything and accidentally rebooted before installing the ROM. My phone just hangs at the splash screen and If I do the power button vol down it goes into Hboot and tries to update the radio and won't let me get into recovery. I know I need to delete the radio file but I can't see the files on my PC's sd card reader. Please help!!!

jdeshong

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If I press Vol down to cancel the update, it won't give me the option to go to recovery. Just says " press power to reboot" Whoever made this Hboot firmware should be shot!

jdeshong

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Update: Felt like I performed brain surgery but I got it fixed. I had to remove the SD card and power up the phone with the battery carefully held at an angle. Once I got to recovery from Hboot, I slid the SD card back in under the battery without the battery loosing connection. Then I flashed my rom and all was good.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Is there any way for me to able to get to recovery?

Yes... first, you need to remove or rename any files on the root of your SD card that are named PG05IMG.zip... you might need to put your card into your PC or buy a SD card reader for your PC, usually $5 and it has a USB adapter... second, power off your device. If you can not, then pull the battery out for 30 seconds then put it back in, your device should not boot up... finally, and be sure to follow this exactly, press and HOLD the Volume Down button, then while this is held down press and hold the Power button, hold them BOTH down for at 10 seconds then let go of the Power button, then finally let go of the Volume Down button. This should boot you up into the hBoot screen (a white screen), follow the instruction volume up or down to move the selection, then once you have it on Recovery push the Power button.

BadBoyDomo

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I figured I might have to buy an SD card reader. Well, I found a way to get into the bootloader but there's a way I should be able to flash a ROM from Recovery right?