Need Help ASAP please

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I hate to be that guy but I have done months of research and reading and gathering of information and I am in the middle of rooting using the Revolutionary method and it looks as though I am in trouble. I got up to the point where, in the Revolutionary CMD window, it asked if I wanted to download CWM. I said yes and a few seconds after the Revolutionary CMD window closed on its own. Now, I reopened it and it just says waiting for device and has been doing so for about 20 minutes.

My phone screen is the one the Revolutionary spelled out on top surrounded by a pink color. S-off is there and BOOTLOADER, REBOOT, REBOOT BOOTLOADER, POWERDOWN are all there. What do I do? Or how do I get back to normal from here since I am not even to the point of root yet.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could be more help as I'm not too familiar with the revolutionary process, but here's a possible solution to what you're seeing:

Revolutionary is stuck
If you see "Waiting for device...", "Waiting for fastboot", “Waiting for the system to settle", or “Communications with phone unexpectedly interrupted”:
Make sure your phone is connected, powered on with USB Debugging enabled and in USB charge-only mode, or in HBOOT USB/Fastboot mode.
Make sure that HTC Sync, Doubletwist, and any other apps which may try to automatically sync with your device are not installed on your computer. (Re)install the HTC USB drivers and update your device's drivers via Device Manager. See the pre-installation guide above for more details.
Make sure your device appears when you run adb devices in your command prompt, shell, or terminal.
Run Revolutionary as Administrator:
Windows XP: Log-in as an Administrator and double-click the revolutionary.exe.
Windows 7/Vista: Right-click revolutionary.exe and select "Run as administrator".

Revolutionary - RootzWiki

Video guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UK_CiB2SYk

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
hit power on bootloader then hit power on reboot thats it... RV closes like that, they should put a little good bye. **** must scared the **** out of noobs lol

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
hit power on bootloader then hit power on reboot thats it... RV closes like that, they should put a little good bye. **** must scared the **** out of noobs lol

HAHA!! That's exactly what I did but you're right, it did scare the crap out of me at first because I had never rooted before and didn't know what hitting that power down would do. Thankfully doing so just rebooted the phone to my stock setup and when I plugged it in and restarted Revolutionary, it immediately asked if I wanted to download CWM just like in the video. Now though, I am rooted and loving it!!

Kinsanell

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
This worked like a charm on the following specs on my new Sensation (TMO):

SERIAL#: SH18VT504557
HBOOT 1.18.0000
Android version 2.3.4 / Software version 1.50.531.1.

THANKS!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar