Can't get clockwork mod to run

Quinpin

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So i know this is my second post about a problem with my thunderbolt today but...
My phone is rooted. Has superuser permissions and rom manager. But it won't flash clockwork mod so I can't flash any new roms.
Anyone know how to fix this?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Open ROM Manager, select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.

If you are getting an error, then you need to tell us what it is.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Did you try flashing an older version of CWM through Rom Manager? Scroll to the bottom of the Rom Manager and you'll see a selection called All ClockworkMod Recoveries where you can choose to flash a prior version.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Quinpin

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I got the same error
I also tried to install busybox and TI backup and it said it couldn't get permissions, but superstar and Rom manager are installed

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Do you have "Superuser" app loaded on your device??? You need this app to grant privileges to your device.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Double check if you are rooted... power off... then boot up in hBoot to see if you have S-Off or S-On... hBoot - hold Volume Down, then with that held down press and hold the Power button... let go of the Power button after 15 seconds, then the Volume Down... the white screen is your hBoot screen.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if I sound like a noob, but how do I do that?
It doesn't appear in the uninstaller or in advanced task manager

Ultimately you might want reload your current ROM... but some ROMs will let you remove it... Settings > Applications > All tab > Superuser > uninstall... then reload it from the Market. Again, if that doesn't work then you might want to reload your ROM or change ROMs.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Its s-off
That means its not rooted, right?

Did you use Revolutionary to root your device and if so when you installed SU did you install it from market or flash it through Recovery because it wont work from market because SU has to be installed to root / System / App directory and when you install from market it installs to Data / Apps which doesn't work...

Install attached file from Revolutionary Recovery.... Power off / Press and hold Volume Down / Press Power Button / Once in Bootloader select Recovery

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
No I used a method from xda.
Heres the link:
[Updated: 3/26]Easyroot + S-Off [Version 1.6.3.11] - xda-developers

I had one of my friends (who is a lot better at rooting) root it and its getting the same error. He used the long ADB way

From the post that you gave I can see a user get a bit off with the method the instructions, I would try Revolutionary because it is the simplest method at this time...

Revolutionary
How to Root - HTC Thunderbolt (No Data Wipe! Newest & Fastest) - YouTube

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae