No Signal after ROM install HELP

maxsummit

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I rooted yesterday and installed Synergy Thunderbolt rom my phone worked fine and speed was NICE. After reading reviews about BAMF 2.1 I flased that rom only to discover that I had no signal. I tried both radios reccommended (yes I loaded them via bootloader) still no signal. When I check settings-phone info it says unknown under my phone number. I then flashed back to Synergy thunderbolt to find the same problem. I start my new job tomorrow and need a smart phone (I dont have another 200 to spend) I hope someone can help me. Thank you in advanced. Even if I have to unroot the phone I dont care as long as I can get it working

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Go to the rooting and rom section. There should be a sticky titled how to flash a radio or something like that. Flash the MR2 linked in there. I've been on MR2 and tried just about every rom with no issues.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

maxsummit

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I just wiped and flashed again with synergy rom and added MR2 radio. Upon hboot it is not reading the PG05IMG.zip file. I get this message
MECHA XD Ship S-OFF
HBOOT-6.04.1102
MICROP-/
RADIO-1.160010402w_1
eMMC-boot
Feb 23 2011, 20:42:55

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I just wiped and flashed again with synergy rom and added MR2 radio. Upon hboot it is not reading the PG05IMG.zip file. I get this message
MECHA XD Ship S-OFF
HBOOT-6.04.1102
MICROP-/
RADIO-1.160010402w_1
eMMC-boot
Feb 23 2011, 20:42:55

OK... 402w_1 is the MR1 radio, so you do need to update that.

IF YOU ARE A WINDOWS USER, MAKE SURE THE FILE IS ACTUALLY CALLED "PG05IMG.ZIP" AND NOT "PG05IMG.ZIP.zip" IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS EXPLORER SET TO "HIDE EXTENSIONS OF KNOWN FILE TYPES" (A setting that I have no idea why it exists, and it's even the default setting), THEN YOU MAY BE ADDING A ".zip" TO THE END OF THE FILE NAME WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY ALREADY THERE.

Sorry for the ALL CAPS, just make sure that's clear.

Side note: Why Not install BAMF Forever 1.0.6? That's the latest version.

maxsummit

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
OK just downloaded BAMF Forever 1.0.6 now Im gonna wipe wipe and start over. I will keep you posted or be asking for more help. You guys rock thank you so much

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
OK just downloaded BAMF Forever 1.0.6 now Im gonna wipe wipe and start over. I will keep you posted or be asking for more help. You guys rock thank you so much

Do keep in mind that either way, you will still need to update to at least the MR2 radio for it to work.

Post back if you still have any issues with that.

maxsummit

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
ok I think I found the issue. I right clicked the file and clicked rename and named it correctly. But when I click properties it still says zip.zip. how do I change that?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
ok I think I found the issue. I right clicked the file and clicked rename and named it correctly. But when I click properties it still says zip.zip. how do I change that?

If you're in Windows, chances are the file should just display as "PG05IMG" with no file extension.

If you look at properties, it will then say "PG05IMG.zip" as the file name. This is because windows, by default, hides common file extensions.

To turn this feature off (which I recommend for many reasons), while in WIndows Explorer go to "Tools --> Folder Options --> View" and make sure that "hide extensions for known file types" is UNchecked.

user0604

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
Could be APN, I flashed a custom ROM on my phone and then it receives signal but says (and acts like) no services. Resetting APN put it instantly back to working. It can be found in Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Reset to default (or find the APN setting for your carrier on the internet/official website, then add & apply)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith