Verizon verified gingerbread coming soon

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Neither happy, nor sad... don't really care actually since I've had Gingerbread on my Thunderbolt for a number of months... rooted and running custom ROMs for a long time now.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I honestly don't know why people still put up with waiting for Verizon to release updates. It's ridiculous, these ROM developers push out updates faster then major corporations it's insane.

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I honestly don't know why people still put up with waiting for Verizon to release updates. It's ridiculous, these ROM developers push out updates faster then major corporations it's insane.

I'm most excited about the radio update, since that's something dev's shouldn't (and don't) touch. For software, though, I agree with you 100%.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You can get it now... there shouldn't be a difference to the RUU of the same version number which is posted all over the internet. The one thing you will lose is all your data, where the OTA won't wipe.

If you use voicemail, you still won't get notifications like the last few leaks have had issues with... so there is something for people to be mad at, considering the first couple of leaks months ago didn't have this issue.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Could they incorporate VM notification and have been leaving it out on purpose

VM was never an issue with the Tbolt in any Official ROM... and since none of the previous Gingerbread ROMs were official it was never an issue it needed to say was fixed.

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
VM was never an issue with the Tbolt in any Official ROM... and since none of the previous Gingerbread ROMs were official it was never an issue it needed to say was fixed.

I think he's asking if the VM notifications will be broken in the OTA, which I would think they would be.

A lot of people saying that they VM notifications were broken on purpose to discourage ppl from using the leaks, that seems kinda dumb as it would just encourage ppl to use Google Voice or Youmail.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm most excited about the radio update, since that's something dev's shouldn't (and don't) touch. For software, though, I agree with you 100%.

uh, many people have been running the updated radios with their custom ROMS ever since the RUU was leaked

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've actually went back to the 2.11.605.0 radios. They seem to give me a bit better signal quality. The MR2 radios were crap for me

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've actually went back to the 2.11.605.0 radios. They seem to give me a bit better signal quality. The MR2 radios were crap for me

Verizon has been a bit wonky in my area lately.today for a little while I had 4g but no 3g. I guess I'll try the new radios for a few more days.

So when is ics coming out?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463