Is 2.11.605.3 RUU Rootable?

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been waiting for the GB update now for weeks so I can pull the trigger to go ahead and root my TB. Don't flame me but I just want the official GB to be my baseline before I venture down the rooting path.
Of you guys that went ahead and loaded the leaked version, were you still able to root the phone? Better yet, any idea if the OTA will be rootable? The answer to this may change my whole way of thinking especially with the potential that he latest release may bring some undesirable bugs.

Also I haven't seen anyone mention any improvement on benchmarks like Quadrant. Its my understanding that most the GB goodies are under the hood. It did make a significant difference on my DX.

Thanks,

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
There are already roms using 605.3.

Stock rooted as well as deodexed and debloated available at xda or rootzwiki.

Bamf forever is "upgradeable"though adr considers it a downgrade from 605.0.

The ruus have been available for a while, there is already a bug thread you can read up on.

Might want to take a few extra steps to improve performance...running bamf forever (a sense 3.0 ROM) with imos 3.8.0 lean kernel over clocked to 1.4ghz and my phone is flying with battery performance better than stock.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
There are already roms using 605.3.

Stock rooted as well as deodexed and debloated available at xda or rootzwiki.

Bamf forever is "upgradeable"though adr considers it a downgrade from 605.0.

The ruus have been available for a while, there is already a bug thread you can read up on.

Might want to take a few extra steps to improve performance...running bamf forever (a sense 3.0 ROM) with imos 3.8.0 lean kernel over clocked to 1.4ghz and my phone is flying with battery performance better than stock.

All that you said is greek to me now but I hope to be able to understand it soon. I was definitely looking at BAMF forever. I saw it on a youtube video and it looks awesome. I definitely have no idea about what the different kernels do. I'll have to take baby steps.

Do you have any opinion on benchmarks being better, I know they don't mean much more than just bragging rights:)

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if it's rootable, but like spartan said there is a ROM based off this leak that's completely stock and debloated based off of 2.11.605.3

You're missing out though if you root, and stay stock. There are Sense 3.0 ROMS (BAMF Forever) and there's even a Sense 3.5 ROM that is in progress. Once these devs get their hands on the source, these ROMS will go to another level paired with proper custom kernels.

There's also some great guides up in the rooting forums on how to flash/backup ROMS, rooting FAQS, backing up and restoring data, etc. And if you have any other questions there is always someone there to help you along the way. Good luck

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Since I have never rooted before I'm a little nervous but now that I have Gingerbread ( Ho Humm!) I would like to know if Revolutionary will still work.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I actually flashed the RUU over my phone which had revolutionary on it and everything was ok... missed the sense 3.0 stuff and flashed back to bamf 20 min later.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
OK, time to get off the sideline.
Gonna give it a shot.
The OTA f'ed up my voicemail notifications anyway (Damn Verizon/HTC)!!!!!!
Das Bamf Forever here I come.
Wish me luck and I'll report back with the results.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
OK, time to get off the sideline.
Gonna give it a shot.
The OTA f'ed up my voicemail notifications anyway (Damn Verizon/HTC)!!!!!!
Das Bamf Forever here I come.
Wish me luck and I'll report back with the results.

Good luck. Is be scared to try rooting the new OTa just yet but I guess we will see. Haven't read anything about rooting this. Yikes.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

whodatkiid

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I actually flashed the RUU over my phone which had revolutionary on it and everything was ok... missed the sense 3.0 stuff and flashed back to bamf 20 min later.

Where did you get the RUU from? Wanna flash this also... would you flash it as normal and will it wipe all data?

Last edited:

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
We Have Root!!!!!!
Also the clockwork recovery step failed the 1st time just like the video.
I just restated the phone and restarted revolutionary and it worked.
Thanks for the push to the other side ;)

Now to see how to load some Das BAMF forever :)

Reactions: javadandy

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
We Have Root!!!!!!

Now to see how to load on Das BAMF forever :)

sweet! glad it worked! welcome to the wonderful world of rooting ;)

Reactions: jdg1

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
We Have Root!!!!!!

Now to see how to load some Das BAMF forever :)

Awesome!!!!

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante